Mines dead. EDIT: repaired and back in record time, no issue warranty claim! 👍👍👍

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just opened it up and it was doing things on its own. Couldn't even get apps to close etc. Have to use outer screen for everything. Forced a restart. Opened it once or twice and then there is a black blobby bar about a quarter inch thick right across the crease. The screen doesn't really register touch, or at least not correctly anyway. Bottom registers sometimes but top totally dead. Now noticing the faint crack line across the crease when screen is off.
So very sad. :(
I think I'm done with folding phones.
Not even sure what to do. Don't think I'll be able to wipe it to send it to motorola because I can't seem to interact with much other than the outer screen. Not sure I want to send a phone in that has ALL my personal info etc.
Still at work so will try post a pic tonight when I can after resurrecting my pixel 7.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that ☹️ You can remotely wipe it through the find my phone options I believe. I would definitely send it back to have Moto fix it... then you could keep using it if you wanted, or sell it, or even keep it as a trade in for something else 😉

Reactions: mustang7757

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Or if the find my device thing doesn't work, try plugging in a mouse or keyboard.

You should also be able to factory reset from the recovery menu.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'd like to follow up with how well Motorola handled this. Screen was replaced no questions asked(since there was no physical damage to the phone). Basically was one day shipping to the repair center, screen replaced overnight and phone on its way back to me 2 days later.
I couldn't have asked for better service.

I'd like to highlight how fantastic this is! I've had several Samsung devices fail on me where I got a fight from Samsung, complete run around nightmare Samsung puts you on and also complete disregard for under warranty device failures. They will fight to not repair your device or make it so hard you give up. This is why I no longer purchase anything Samsung. Nothing at all.

I hope people look to my experience as a good one!!! Failures happen to devices , plain and simple. These are literal folding glass screen super computers in our pockets. How a company deals with those failures means far more to me than the popularity of the ones(Samsung) who will try scam everyone. Even their loyal customers with legit warranty issues.

Motorola aced this and all companies should be doing things this way!!!
Go Motorola!!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok I'd like to follow up with how well Motorola handled this. Screen was replaced no questions asked(since there was no physical damage to the phone). Basically was one day shipping to the repair center, screen replaced overnight and phone on its way back to me 2 days later.

I'd like to highlight how fantastic this is! I've had several Samsung devices fail on me where I got a fight from Samsung, complete run around nightmare Samsung puts you on and also complete disregard for under warranty device failures. They will fight to not repair your device or make it so hard you give up. This is why I no longer purchase anything Samsung. Nothing at all.

I hope people look to my experience as a good one!!! Failures happen to devices , plain and simple. These are literal folding glass screen super computers in our pockets. How a company deals with those failures means far more to me than the popularity of the ones(Samsung) who will try scam everyone. Even their loyal customers with legit warranty issues.

Go Motorola!!
Awesome
Thanks for the follow-up

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site

Go Motorola!!
This is excellent news. I am a new RAZR 2023 owner, and although its first three days have been excellent, this report makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for posting your update!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter