Google Wallet

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Does any one here had have success using Google wallet. I had try maybe 10 times and in different locations and there's always something wrong. I get a bit **** cause there's no way to easy trouble shoot. Like today I try again and I got the message to try again, but the cashier was like sir try to swipe or a different method and I think she press Mobil payment and is credit payment. I was going to try again, but she put a face like be normal and pay like everybody else and the line was getting longer people looking because you are trying to pay with the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The only place I've had it not work was Best Buy. Other than that, at gas stations, Mc Donald's and a bunch of vending machines at school and work it is working.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well at least I know it work. I live in San Antonio full of dumb people, and I guess I am getting dumb too lol. Bad luck I guess. **** me off even more jaja

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well at least I know it work. I live in San Antonio full of dumb people, and I guess I am getting dumb too lol. Bad luck I guess. **** me off even more jaja

I use it all the time on my Nexus 5 and Moto X. I do not live in San Antonio but visit for business often. I have used it at Whole Foods and CVS in SA without issues.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Used it often on my GNex on Sprint, never could get it to work with my HTC One on Sprint. Hopefully the 5 will work as well as the Galaxy.

Last edited:

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried on whole foods and nothing happens when I tap it and five minutes later the password unlock show up. Twice on HEB and the pad shows waiting for cashier then suddenly it's says try again, but I think the cashier press the wrong payment mobile payment. At CVS the pad showed the led light change from red to green every time I tap but the phone did anything. S&-* I am the only one here that can't use this thing

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Love it on the Nexus 5. So glad that KitKat helped the security aspect so that it will allow carriers like AT&T, TMobile and Verizon to use Google Wallet. If if is not working, I would either do a hard reset or take it back and exchange it.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Also, it's not exactly tap to pay. You have to let it sit there for a second or two.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, it's not exactly tap to pay. You have to let it sit there for a second or two.

Different stores are different. The vending machines at my school it's really just tap and pay. Other places force me to hold it for a second or two.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Different stores are different. The vending machines at my school it's really just tap and pay. Other places force me to hold it for a second or two.

And their in lies the problem; the NFC protocol actually "requires" that the devices are in close proximity for a few seconds because NFC can only transmit data at either 106, 212 or 424 Kbps (kilobits per second) and those few seconds are needed to make the connection, initiate the data transfer, and confirm it took place.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried on whole foods and nothing happens when I tap it and five minutes later the password unlock show up. Twice on HEB and the pad shows waiting for cashier then suddenly it's says try again, but I think the cashier press the wrong payment mobile payment. At CVS the pad showed the led light change from red to green every time I tap but the phone did anything. S&-* I am the only one here that can't use this thing

I usually open the app and select my card (I have three enrolled) and they hold it in place until it beeps and says processing. At whole foods they ask credit or debit and I say credit. Just used it this week in San Antonio. I do not think HEB has the complete system hooked up.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I usually open the app and select my card (I have three enrolled) and they hold it in place until it beeps and says processing. At whole foods they ask credit or debit and I say credit. Just used it this week in San Antonio. I do not think HEB has the complete system hooked up.

Yes I was going to ask if any one here on San Antonio tried at HEB I just tried and the phone said waiting for transactions then it says transactions approve then it says unknown problem check with cashier it even reset the whole machine lol. The supervisor said the tap and pay system doesn't work on heb

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I needed credit from a Wallet transaction, and it was a total PITA. The cashier wasn't properly trained on how to do it, the credit went to Google's virtual CC # instead of my acct, and I ended up going back and forth between the store, Google, and my CC company.

I spoke with a rep and CS mgr @ Google, and they were both clueless about the correct Wallet POS procedures.

For the foreseeable future, I will use Wallet only as a last resort, if I have no other form of pymt avail.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I needed credit from a Wallet transaction, and it was a total PITA. The cashier wasn't properly trained on how to do it, the credit went to Google's virtual CC # instead of my acct, and I ended up going back and forth between the store, Google, and my CC company.

I spoke with a rep and CS mgr @ Google, and they were both clueless about the correct Wallet POS procedures.

For the foreseeable future, I will use Wallet only as a last resort, if I have no other form of pymt avail.

You do realize you can dump money from you Wallet balance to your bank account?

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed at Whole Foods, you can't just tap it. It has to sit there a few seconds. Doesn't work anything like swiping a card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jennyfur

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I always hold mine there for about 2 seconds. It always works unless the terminal itself is bad (aka doesn't even work if I hold up my actual credit card to it either). I use Wallet pretty extensively at CVS, multilple grocery stores including Whole Foods, and convenience stores such as Wawa. I even used it at T-Mobile the day I activated my new N5 :D