very beginner question - contacts and sending sms messages

matannnnn

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Just bought the nexus 5 - in my previous phone (galaxy s2) i could go to the dialer, view my contacts and for each contact i could call or send a text message. As far as i could tell, from the nexus 5 i have to go to the dialer to call someone, and to hangouts to text. This is kind of annoying, am i missing something? is there a way to text from the dialer or some app i can download to achieve this?

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you select the contact picture (regardless if the contact has a picture or not), it will give you options for contacting said contact depending on information you have in the contact (email, sms etc).

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
You might want to go to Play Store and download a Contacts Widget. It will grab contacts from your phone/people list (Favorites, for instance).:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you select the contact picture (regardless if the contact has a picture or not), it will give you options for contacting said contact depending on information you have in the contact (email, sms etc).

This is correct. To send SMS, tap the little texting icon to the right of the phone number in question.

Posted via Android Central App

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Back when I first started using Android, I bought Animated Contact Widget Pro which will basically do what petaf is suggesting. It does contacts and also can work as an app launcher as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer