Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default N5 on the New Cricket

Is anyone using the N5 on the new Cricket since they were acquired by AT&T. I was thinking about getting their $60 plan w/ 5 GB of data.

Default Re: N5 on the New Cricket

I'm using N5 on AIO/Cricket. It worked great when it was AIO, and the switch to Cricket AT&T has been transparent. The LTE speed is throttled at 8MBs, but that is good enough to stream YouTube and Netflix so far. I consistently get a tad over 8MBs. I have the 2.5GB $50 plan ($45 with autopay). I'm not sure how it'd be if using the old Cricket network and towers though.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by maxq54 View Post
    I'm using N5 on AIO/Cricket. It worked great when it was AIO, and the switch to Cricket AT&T has been transparent. The LTE speed is throttled at 8MBs, but that is good enough to stream YouTube and Netflix so far. I consistently get a tad over 8MBs. I have the 2.5GB $50 plan ($45 with autopay). I'm not sure how it'd be if using the old Cricket network and towers though.
    Isn't the older network CDMA? In anycase the AIO/Cricket Wireless option is a good one! I say make the jump. The N5 device is an awesome phone as well. Cheap monthly plan with great data pools and a handset with good hardware? Whats not to like! :P I say make the cut over.

Quote Originally Posted by maxq54 View Post
    ^^ Me too! Exactly as above.