Camera slow

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My camera has gotten slow in hdr mode.

Meaning, I hit the shutter and maybe 2 seconds later it begins the process of taking the picture. It didn't use to be this slow... Anyone else experience this?

In non-hdr it's fast, as it always has been. I cleared cache on the camera app, no change...

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this problem occurring the past two weeks or so on my Nexus 5. When I first open the camera, I go to take a picture with HDR and it almost seems to freeze up for 2-3 seconds before the circle starts spinning and the picture is taken. It'll do that once, but when I take pictures after that the camera is back to normal speed without the lag/freeze. Not sure what's causing it either.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I noticed this as well. When I take a pic, it seems to take a few seconds. I was using my girlfriends iPhone, and it was instantly taken. I wish my N5 was like that too.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
OP, make sure the rear camera is cleaned of any smudges that may interfere with focusing - take a soft cloth and wipe away the rear lens area. I've noticed that to be an issue in the past when trying to take HDR photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77