If my Nexus 5 screen has been replaced can I still get RMA or will I be charged by Google?

A

AC Question

If my Nexus 5 screen has been replaced can I still get RMA or will I be charged by Google

My Nexus 5 has been giving a lot of trouble with its speaker and audio in general, so I spoke to a Google representative, he gave me a few steps to follow (basically reboot to factory settings) to see if that could resolve the matter, but it didn't. So he's sent me RMA details for replacement because my phone is still under warranty.

So far so good. But the problem is that my phone had fallen hard a few months back and the screen had cracked so I had to get the glass (not touch screen) replaced from an outside vendor.

In this case, when Google receives my faulty phone back, will they know that it has a replaced glass and charge me or will they still release the hold on my account?

I don't want to take the chances if its risky. Please advise,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: If my Nexus 5 screen has been replaced can I still get RMA or will I be charged by Google

I'm sure they'll be able to tell if the device has been opened up and the screen replaced. Will they deny you a repair? Maybe. Since your device needs to be fixed there's really no reason to not go through with it. If they charge you it might still be cheaper than purchasing a new device or having it fixed my third party.