My Nexus 5 Is Dead And It Just Flashes Flashlight If I Try To Turn On Or Charge It

Jun 29, 2022
Visit site
Hey Everyone So, One Day I Was Using My Nexus 5 And Charged It And Next Day I Woke Up And It Is Dead. There is No Response , No Signs Of Life. If I Try To Charge It Just Turns On Flashlight In Constant
And Nothing Shows Up On Screen.
( It Has Been 6 Months Since It's Been Dead )
And Now I Wanna Use The Phone
Anybody Could Help?

Regards,
Yashwin

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
NO, I'm not sure at all lol.

The battery is the most likely thing to have failed (I'm assuming you've tried a known good charger and cable), but it's by no means definitely what's wrong or the only thing that's wrong.

What you should buy to fix this is a new phone.

Because it's 9 years old...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

The only way to be sure of what is wrong would be to put it into the hands of a repairer, which would cost money. Any repairs or replacement parts would then cost more money. Since the phone is old, further failures thereafter could reasonably be expected. It’s a calculated gamble and you have to decide whether it’s worthwhile.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Then press and hold Power for about 30 seconds. If nothing happens, wait a minute and then press and hold Power again for about 30 seconds. If still nothing happens, then as mentioned above, either the battery failed or the motherboard failed. Either way, it's time for the repair shop.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The fact nothing comes on the screen yet the flashlight lights up has me thinking the logic board failed. If I'm correct fixing it would result in all data on the device lost.

As suggested above about the only thing you can do is leave it on a charger for a long period of time and hope it takes a charge.

Jun 29, 2022
Visit site
The fact nothing comes on the screen yet the flashlight lights up has me thinking the logic board failed. If I'm correct fixing it would result in all data on the device lost.

As suggested above about the only thing you can do is leave it on a charger for a long period of time and hope it takes a charge.

Hey Bro I Just Kept It On Charge From Yesterday Night and until now the flashlight is just constant and no response when pressed power button literally the screen is black

Regards,
BlastGamerYashwin

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey Bro I Just Kept It On Charge From Yesterday Night and until now the flashlight is just constant and no response when pressed power button literally the screen is black

Regards,
BlastGamerYashwin
Hate to break it to you but give up on this device not worth the hassle of fixing just keep for memories like I do with nexus 5x , part of my phone museum.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz