Bizarre behavior during bluetooth call in call....

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
So I went to call my wife from the car last week and she couldn't hear me. ( I could hear her though.) Pulled over, turned the car off and back on to reconnect and the car said no devices connected. Took the phone out of my pocket and saw I had no signal. Upon further inspection, found it was in airplane mode. Turned that off and tried again and call would not go through. Went to Hangouts to see if she had gotten my earlier text (the whole reason for my call) and it asked me to sign in. Tried to sign in and it just clocked forever. I also noted my wallpaper had defaulted to stock as did the icons on the screen, most of which I moved to a 2nd screen as I don't use them often. Finally rebooted the phone and everything returned to normal.

One week later.......

Got a text friday from my daughter asking if I had **** dialed. (Phone is in my front pocket.) Checked my call log and sure enough a call had been placed to her as well as our vet around the same time. Also had a voice mail from my doctor but the call log did not show one coming in.

Coincidence? Is my phone failing? I'm not ready to replace it as I am waiting to see if Google will come out with a new Nexus this fall of the same size. Rumor has it they will come out with 2 phones, one the size of the Nexus 6 and one the size of the Nexus 5.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? Last week it almost seemed like the phone had gone into guest mode without me touching it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Those are some weird issues. Try a factory reset and see if that fixes the problems, which appear to be software related and should be fixed with a reset. Be sure to backup your data before you reset as you'll lose that data.

Let us know if that helps.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Did not do a reset and have not had the issue come up again. Very weird. If it happens again I definitely will do a reset, but first I will try clearing the system cache.