global roaming

gjbrns

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I will possibly be travelling in the UK and Europe generally for 6 months next year. Apart from relying on wifi hotspots and email and confining phone use to sms I still really need general phone use and some data. Getting a local sim card for each new country will take time and hassles but I have had bad experiences in the past with buying sim cards which claim to work in several countries. Has anyone got a workable solution to this? Any advice gratefully received.

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Have a look at the carrier 'Three' they are a UK based provider and offer free roaming to certain European countries.

I had a Three contract with unlimited data, when I went on holiday to Spain / France and the USA I was allowed to use my own data allowance and text / calls allowance.

joe-fandroid

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Did you figure out a solution for this? Interested to know what you found out. If you have a roaming data plan, an internet based calling and texting solution can help get rid of the voice roaming calls and SMS. Check out iPlum app on Play store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii