How can I get my Nexus 5 to automatically reconnect to my home wifi?

A

AC Question

WiFi reconnect issue

I normally have my Nexus 5 phone WiFi connected to my home network and have Data turned off.

If I move out of range of my network obviously the phone's WiFi connection drops.

When I return to within range of my home network my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to my home network. I have to press the power button on the phone to wake up the screen and within a couple of seconds the phone connects to my home network.

When I first got the phone I never had this issue. The phone would reconnect to my home network even though the screen hadn't been woken up.

When I got the phone it was on an older version of Android .. before Android version 5.

I have run the phone in Safe Mode and the automatic reconnect still doesn't occur.

So on Lollipop 5.1.1 should the reconnect to WiFi be automatic ?

I have thought of either doing a factory reset or a clean install of Lollipop but would like to know if the WiFi reconnect does work on Lollipop 5.1.1 before I resort to wiping the phone.

Can anyone confirm please if their phone does automatically reconnect to WiFi without them having to wake the phone up first ... thanks.

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: WiFi reconnect issue

Yes, it does automatically re-connect to any Wi-Fi it remembers if it comes in range.
May be you have Wi-Fi turned off during sleep? This if why it doesn't re-connect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa