Problem: Nexus 5 battery drain fast. How can I fix this problem?

Evravel

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 running 6.0.1 with no battery drain issue until yesterday when I installed the Aug patch. All went well but when I woke up and saw that my phone had stopped charging at 40% overnight, I knew I had a problem. Anyone else on 6.0.1 with the Aug patch installed?

I have the same problem! Stock Nexus 5, Aug patch bringed battery draining. Any solutions?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problem: Nexus 5 battery drain fast.

Mine started doing the same and the wifi scanning under location settings had gotten turned back on somehow.

Settings - Location - Three dots in upper right - Scanning, turn off WiFi scanning then do a reboot

eleni soul

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Hallo, my nexus 5 has also problem with the battery.. it drains fast and phone turns off at 20%.. i turn it on and battery is arround 3% and it goes up! How can i show you photo of battery app? (I am new here)

hannaan

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Found out how to fix this issue.

Go to the Settings, then select Battery.
Click on the top left hand corner, where the 3 dots are, and select Battery optimization.
Tap "Not optimized", and select All Apps.
You will see all the apps are now selected for Optimizing battery use.

This next step is the most important: hit your home button now.
Leave that setting page running in the background!
If you hit return, or go back, it will reset to not optmizing!

Now you will see your batter last, guaranteed.

The only catch is having to leave your settings page running in the background, on batter optimization.
If you need to use your settings page to do anything else, that is fine, but always go back and turn the Battery optimization back on and leave it on!

This has worked great for me, battery lasts a long time. With great use too.

Good luck.

This helped me thank you very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana