Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE M8 or wait for the nexus 6

Hey guys I have a nexus 4 but I'm itching for a new phone. The battery life is starting to annoy me. I love the nexus line but lack of details is making me think I should just go with the M8. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Default Re: HTC ONE M8 or wait for the nexus 6

If you really like the M8 go for it. It's a great phone with some very nice features. Details on the next nexus have been quiet besides the possibility of a 6" Motorola made nexus. I don't think that'll be the next main nexus phone though. I certainly hope they don't jump to a 6" phone as their base product.

You can always get a nexus 5 or G2 or moto x for a great price to hold you over if you're not completely sold on the M8.

Posted via G Pad 8.3

I have had the nexus 5 and m8. I preferred the nexus over the htc hands down. The htc is a great phone, but very heavy and with the speakers and black bar on the bottom (which is useless) makes it a very big phone for just a 5" screen.

I was in the same boat a month or so ago. I had a Nexus 4 and was really wanting a new phone. I choose not to wait and to get the HTC One M8 and I couldnt be HAPPIER!!! While I did really enjoy the stock andriod feel what HTC has done with Sense 6 is very close to stock that I dont miss it. The build quality is far superior on the HTC 1m8 than the Nexus 4 and I think the Nexus 6 will be along the same line so build quality wise th 1m8 will be better than the N6.

The you have to consider it will most likely be 2 months or so before you can get your hands on a Nexus 6 if you want to wait that look feel free. I decided I didnt want to.

Or wait for the m8 gpe edition to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by jonvdw View Post
    Or wait for the m8 gpe edition to become available.

It is current available in the US Google Play Store.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Just wait at this point.

Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Pick when you're ready to buy. If you're thinking about a phone that's not even confirmed yet, you're not ready to buy.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Buy both of them and problem solved...next.

From my Note 2 to you
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I'm ready to buy I'm looking forward to the nexus based on my personal experience and the track record they have established.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtendz View Post
    I'm ready to buy I'm looking forward to the nexus based on my personal experience and the track record they have established.
    It sounds like you want the Nexus and you're just getting impatient. Don't just buy the HTC One to satiate the desire to buy something new. If you do that, it's likely that when the new Nexus is released, you'll want it and then have to do something with the One that you purchased.

I would wait. There are way better phones out there than the M8 anyway, like the LG G3

If you keep waiting for the next device that is rumored, you will never get a device as they are coming out so quickly. Ultimately the choice is up to you on whether you want to wait for a device with very few rumors or get something that is out.

You just have to decide if I get this device, will I be happy when something else comes out.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Right and that's the problem. My number one choice is a nexus but there is no info on it. I don't want to get stuck in a cycle of always waiting for the next phone. Because by November/December you might as well wait for the next HTC one.

get the m8 or lg g3. then sell it if you like what you see in the nexus 6. you got a long wait until november when its released. and don't forget both the n4 and n5 sold out quick and were back ordered for most.

November will be here before you know it.. I'd wait for the nexus x.. you'll be happy that you did..

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Wait. ( I am. )

Most every indication points to the next nexus as a killer phone. But we just don't know yet.

What could it hurt to wait a little... We'll get some solid info on that phone soon enough, then you can make your decision.

Wait so you won't have any regrets. If the Oct. 16 launch of the Nexus 9 is true then we should expect the Nexus 6 to launch that day to.