HTC ONE M8 or wait for the nexus 6

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have a nexus 4 but I'm itching for a new phone. The battery life is starting to annoy me. I love the nexus line but lack of details is making me think I should just go with the M8. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you really like the M8 go for it. It's a great phone with some very nice features. Details on the next nexus have been quiet besides the possibility of a 6" Motorola made nexus. I don't think that'll be the next main nexus phone though. I certainly hope they don't jump to a 6" phone as their base product.

You can always get a nexus 5 or G2 or moto x for a great price to hold you over if you're not completely sold on the M8.

Posted via G Pad 8.3

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had the nexus 5 and m8. I preferred the nexus over the htc hands down. The htc is a great phone, but very heavy and with the speakers and black bar on the bottom (which is useless) makes it a very big phone for just a 5" screen.

Wrathen

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat a month or so ago. I had a Nexus 4 and was really wanting a new phone. I choose not to wait and to get the HTC One M8 and I couldnt be HAPPIER!!! While I did really enjoy the stock andriod feel what HTC has done with Sense 6 is very close to stock that I dont miss it. The build quality is far superior on the HTC 1m8 than the Nexus 4 and I think the Nexus 6 will be along the same line so build quality wise th 1m8 will be better than the N6.

The you have to consider it will most likely be 2 months or so before you can get your hands on a Nexus 6 if you want to wait that look feel free. I decided I didnt want to.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Pick when you're ready to buy. If you're thinking about a phone that's not even confirmed yet, you're not ready to buy.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready to buy I'm looking forward to the nexus based on my personal experience and the track record they have established.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm ready to buy I'm looking forward to the nexus based on my personal experience and the track record they have established.

It sounds like you want the Nexus and you're just getting impatient. Don't just buy the HTC One to satiate the desire to buy something new. If you do that, it's likely that when the new Nexus is released, you'll want it and then have to do something with the One that you purchased.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you keep waiting for the next device that is rumored, you will never get a device as they are coming out so quickly. Ultimately the choice is up to you on whether you want to wait for a device with very few rumors or get something that is out.

You just have to decide if I get this device, will I be happy when something else comes out.

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Right and that's the problem. My number one choice is a nexus but there is no info on it. I don't want to get stuck in a cycle of always waiting for the next phone. Because by November/December you might as well wait for the next HTC one.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
get the m8 or lg g3. then sell it if you like what you see in the nexus 6. you got a long wait until november when its released. and don't forget both the n4 and n5 sold out quick and were back ordered for most.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
November will be here before you know it.. I'd wait for the nexus x.. you'll be happy that you did..

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Most every indication points to the next nexus as a killer phone. But we just don't know yet.

What could it hurt to wait a little... We'll get some solid info on that phone soon enough, then you can make your decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member