Incoming calls have a 1 added...

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
All calls show this, even those in my contact list. Some of them with newer area codes have a +1.

Is this a T-Mobile thing, a Nexus thing, or a Lollipop thing?

I remember it happening on an old phone when I was on at&t, but I can't seem to find an option to turn it off. Anyone know how without rooting or roms?

Definitely not a deal breaker, but it's annoying for anal-retentives like myself.

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
All calls show this, even those in my contact list. Some of them with newer area codes have a +1.

Is this a T-Mobile thing, a Nexus thing, or a Lollipop thing?

I remember it happening on an old phone when I was on at&t, but I can't seem to find an option to turn it off. Anyone know how without rooting or roms?

Definitely not a deal breaker, but it's annoying for anal-retentives like myself.

Thanks.

That's been done since android GB I think. My phones have always done the '+1' thing

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I know it has the ability, but I also know I could turn it off before. I have no need for it. I just can't figure out how I did it then.

Or maybe before, I could do it because I was on at&t or a non nexus or pre lollipop.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I know it has the ability, but I also know I could turn it off before. I have no need for it. I just can't figure out how I did it then.

Or maybe before, I could do it because I was on at&t or a non nexus or pre lollipop.

It should not be able to be disabled IMHO

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It should not be able to be disabled IMHO

And in mine, since needing to dial a 1 died with free long distance on my cell phone in 1997, having a 1 arbitrarily show up on calls should die too.

Had this been a "feature" that was always there, I could ignore it. Because I could disable it on my last umpteen smartphones, I'd like to do it on this one.

So either no one else it bothered by this (admittedly anal-retentive nitpick) or it can't be turned off.

Guess I'll go amend all of my contacts to add the superfluous 1 so they match.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
And in mine, since needing to dial a 1 died with free long distance on my cell phone in 1997, having a 1 arbitrarily show up on calls should die too.

Had this been a "feature" that was always there, I could ignore it. Because I could disable it on my last umpteen smartphones, I'd like to do it on this one.

So either no one else it bothered by this (admittedly anal-retentive nitpick) or it can't be turned off.

Guess I'll go amend all of my contacts to add the superfluous 1 so they match.

Obviously you have never left the United States. If you ever bother to do so, you will appreciate what the phone is doing for you.

If you ever even made an international call, you probably still dial 011.

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Obviously you have never left the United States. If you ever bother to do so, you will appreciate what the phone is doing for you.

If you ever even made an international call, you probably still dial 011.

Nothing in what I said was obvious about my travel habits, and recounting all the passport stamps I have would take too long to remember and type.

Regardless of that, I don't appreciate it as a "feature," hence my desire to turn it off on this phone as I've been able to do on every other phone I've had.

So rather than tell me incorrectly why I should want it, tell me how to turn it off, or tell me unequivocally that I can't.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Nothing in what I said was obvious about my travel habits, and recounting all the passport stamps I have would take too long to remember and type.

Regardless of that, I don't appreciate it as a "feature," hence my desire to turn it off on this phone as I've been able to do on every other phone I've had.

So rather than tell me incorrectly why I should want it, tell me how to turn it off, or tell me unequivocally that I can't.

You can't. You shouldn't be able to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez