Since 5.1 during calls my screen goes black, and does not wake up until the other person hangs up.

Prasenjit Dasgupta

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey the solution is quite simple actually just take off your screen protector and re-paste it in such a way that it does not cover the front camera or the speaker on the top part of the phone that's it there is a sensor at the top front face if it gets obstructed due to screen guardthe phone goes black otherwise not. Hope It is of help.

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Flashing proximity fix, Is good but goes away after marshmallow updated and problem persists. Many tempered glass screen protectors are now designed to not cover the sensor. Your best bet is a newly designed screen protector and be done with it. If you get a case that is two pieces... Put it on with the phone off and then turn it on this calibrated the sensor for me and issues where gone.

Posted via the Android Central App

akhan1977

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
thanks the solution through accessibility setting worked for me once I restarted the phone.
I also think that it recalibrated the sensor. Thanks again. I am using Nexus 6.

Nexus 6 MK

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am facing the same problem on my phone.Screen going black during call.I tried using a headphone and the screen seems to stay on Not a solution though just a temporary fix.please Google fix this problem.

Jawapaul

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi All..... I have had this problem for a few Months now. Nothing can fix it. i.e. The Samsung Note 4 screen goes black straight away during calls whilst phone is down in the hand...... and needs to be woken by button push. Then goes black again..... then must be woken.... then black etc etc. Absolutely drives me crazy when in a call requiring menu response.... also one it is woken, screen often stays lit up, even when against the ear.....causing false screen push by face and settings change or call on hold by skin contact during the call. HELP ?!?!...... I just went back to Samsung Agent, after testing they said it was NOT software but a hardware problem. I was given a brand new Note 4 handset, so went home and replaced all contacts, mssge's and apps using the samsung back/up restore app. The Android Software also needed updating of course also. After just a few hours............ the fault is back !! On the brand new handset ?!! I have no screen protector or cover over the proximity sensor..... There is no dust.... and the proximity sensor works perfectly when tested using #*0#*

What to do ?? I will try anything that helps..... This is getting crazy now.

ananthsai

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Open the DialPad on your Yureka
Dial *#*#7769#*#*
In the proximity calibration screen, tap on Start

Start-Calibration-Yureka-Cyanogen-12-281x500.jpg
Wait a few seconds till it reads Calibration Good (in green)

calibration-good-yureka-cyanogen-12-281x500.jpg
Tap Exit and you’re good to go.

ROHOICE13

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
[Problem Solved]
I have permanently solved this issue in me....wanna know Guys.... It's stupid idea for me 4 I'm not that nerd but viola it solved forever 4 me.. I upgraded Samsung grand duos i9082 to Marshmallow last 2 days ago... And am frustrated damndamn....I googled but issue's floating around da internetinternet damn I was not successful I was about to revert back to KitKat with broken heart...but hey wait a minute I HV come so far from J 2 M...my last attempt brought my sexy girlfriend back home.....
Here how I loved her during honeymoon....

Head to settings>about phone>bellow her "build number" push your hard on 7 times now you are hero hero for your G.F. next morning go to "developer option" turn on and and thus turn on "local terminal"......Your G.F. never gonna leave you again...

Hey guys let me know is she said yes to your proposal...

MKE97

May 2, 2016
Visit site
The following was posted on XDA four months ago when people were having problems with the proximity sensor. I don't know if it will work now, with Android 5.1, but it might be worth trying at least. Please let us know if you try it and what the results are.

Guys I think I may have a fix for everyone out there I just stumbled across this has my proximity sensor was not working either until now. What you want to do is go into accessibility under settings and check power button to end call . Somehow when I check this my proximity sensor started working correctly again also after that I unchecked it so put it back to normal and it is still working flawlessly. I believe when you check that it recalibrates the sensor. So could someone else please check this and see if it works for them.. ( I wish I would have discovered this before I lifted up my screen protector like 10 times and messed up most of the edges smh.... )

Also if you do not have anyone to call to check to see if it is working you can use this app

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...ter.proxfinder&token=8iTpDs3f

P.S. I think after this others posted that, after changing to power button to end call, they rebooted before unchecking the box to use the power button to end call.

Thank you! You were exactly right! I knew it wasn't the screen protectors because I did not have the type they were talking about it was so simple to fix thank you!
You have definitely found the answer to all of these other people's problems!

zacj12

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I empathize with you. I found myself buying a Nexus 5 in India in 2013 with a lot of excitement and the same happened after upgrading to lollipop and then marshmallow. I removed am imported tempered glass screen protector and that didn't work. Next, I downgraded to KitKat 4.4.4 and that didn't work. Google's product forum was a waste of time. Their rep said the same things: remove the screen protector, clear cache and finally do a factory data reset. I'm not from a technical background and after saying prayers which I said only in my childhood, the below is what finally what worked for me:

1) Downgraded to KitKat 4.4.4. I have a MacBook so used this YouTube link:
https://youtu.be/pzzDxrccZO8

2) Rooted my device using King root. Link:
[ROOT ANDROID][2.x-5.1] KINGROOT: The One-Cl… | Android Development and Hacking

2) Installed Xposed framework. Link:
Xposed Installer | Xposed Module Repository

3) Disabled the proximity sensor from Xposed framework. This YouTube link helped:
https://youtu.be/hPRujBMeuz0

Hallelujah ! I can see my screen again when making calls. Like I said, I'm from a human resources background and literally prayed like Armageddon had just started before doing all the above. I can't guarantee if these will brick your phone or put it in some perpetual bootloop mode, so do it at your own risk ! Started believing strongly in God but disbelieving in Android after this whole bloody experience.

Cheers !

shakiran

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Solution which worked for me

1. accessibility under settings and check power button to end call . This will help ending the call easily.

2. Clean the sensor. Take a cotton swab and clean it. Then after placing the call you will have the display.

I remember cleaning my phone with water and some dust must have gone there. So removing the screen gaurd works because dusty edges of the screen gaurd wcovering the sensor goes away.

Both solution worked

Vijaya Kumar Kona

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the suggestion. I have unchecked the power button for call off. Then tried. But there was no change. Then I went to power off the instrument and restarted, it started working normal when I called phone numbers. Then I have once again checked the power button for call off. Still it is working. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been facing this problem for over two months. Now solved.
go to settings>accessibility>Power button ends call > uncheck> restart the mobile> solved

andrew201612

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey thank you very much for taking the time to post that fix :) it worked fine for me, been waiting for months trying to get a fix on this one: the wretched testy blacked out screens.

Confirming after selecting "power button ends call" .....when pressing the power button during a call, it does in fact end the call with the screen illuminated. .

Thanks & season's greetings
Andrew

Link doesn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App