Why won't my Nexus 6 display a new text alert?

AND-ROID55

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
my nexus 6 wont display a new text alert

Alright so everyone knows how your text messaging app will show a little '1' by it if you have a new text or whatever. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that on my new nexus 6. Whenever I get a new text it scrolls across the top of the screen but it doesn't show up on the actual messenger icon.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: my nexus 6 wont display a new text alert

Alright so everyone knows how your text messaging app will show a little '1' by it if you have a new text or whatever. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that on my new nexus 6. Whenever I get a new text it scrolls across the top of the screen but it doesn't show up on the actual messenger icon.

If you're using the stock messenger app you're not going to see that unless you download a third party app.

Posted via the Android Central App

AND-ROID55

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I've tried messenger, hangouts and one other one...textra? Something like that.
Any suggestions for 3rd party apps?

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I've tried messenger, hangouts and one other one...textra? Something like that.
Any suggestions for 3rd party apps?
Textra works but you need a program like Tesla unread and a supported launcher like Nova https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.teslacoilsw.notifier&token=jSdMlkGH
4d815ceb654a29afad4c433a9676eed7.jpg

Sent from my Google N6 on VZ

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

You need a non stock messaging app AND a non stock launcher. Google Now launcher does not support those numbers. And I'm glad for that.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

You need a non stock messaging app AND a non stock launcher. Google Now launcher does not support those numbers. And I'm glad for that.

As long as you don't mind slumming around with the Google launcher I know people love it but I deleted it after using it for like an hour. In my mind it is subpar. But the good news is we're on Google and we can be different together.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I know people love it but I deleted it after using it for like an hour. In my mind it is subpar.

I assume you meant "you installed a new launcher" - without deleting the google launcher?

On a sidenote, what is the widget you are using in your screen print above? It looks nice
widget.jpg

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Well I "froze" the Google Launcher using Titanium Backup, I could delete it but I always have problems committing .

The the widget is a custom Zooper widget based off of a set from Ricky Laughlin and the slider is called the slider widget

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes text to an other SMS apps do not work unless you go under Google Hangouts and disable SMS in the settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress