Is there an app that will allow a double tap to turn my Nexus 6 on or off?

NEXUSMAN40

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
nexus 6 double tap to turn on or off

Hi,
Is there such an application to do this? Nexus 6 double tap to turn on or off?
Thanks in advance
Mario

Othoric

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: nexus 6 double tap to turn on or off

Hi,
Is there such an application to do this? Nexus 6 double tap to turn on or off?
Thanks in advance
Mario
There is an app that enables double tap to wake but I believe you have to be rooted to use it. On the pay store it is called nexus 6 double tap to wake. There are also custom Roms which allow you to double tap the nav bar or status bar to sleep, as well as kernels which enable double tap to wake.

NEXUSMAN40

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

Thank u. I`m kind of a rookie about rooting. If its not a lot of problem for u would you explain how to do it?

pony182

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Search google for Nexus Root Toolkit and the first result from WugFresh should pop up. Download, follow instructions, easy.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

There is an app that enables double tap to wake but I believe you have to be rooted to use it. On the pay store it is called nexus 6 double tap to wake. There are also custom Roms which allow you to double tap the nav bar or status bar to sleep, as well as kernels which enable double tap to wake.

However, I believe any such app would be a battery killer. The only way this can work (other than a device which has hardware specifically designed for this purpose) is to keep the phone's cpu "alive and listening" (for screen taps) at all times, 24/7.

Like I said, a battery killer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19