How is Motorola's customer service?

AndroiUser75

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Google Nexus 6(64 GB). I first bought it at T-Mobile online and when I started to play some games like Asphalt 8, CSR Racing, it had started off smooth but then after a few hours it started to lose a lot of frame rate. It played at 45-50 fps but then it got worse and played as low as 20 fps. I have over 2 GB of RAM and it still has the slowest/laggiest game performance. I underwent all troubleshooting methods and not even a factory reset helped. The camera had a black smudge as well. I asked for a replacement and that also took another week to arrive. I thought that everything went well the first hour because nothing lagged and one of my games (Real Racing 3) ran well at 45 fps'ish. When I slowly installed my other games, it went back to 20-30 fps. It still runs bad when I have over 2 GB of RAM, at 100% battery, cool battery, wiped cache partition, and worst of all: factory reset didn't help at all either. I can't return the device anymore since I went over my 20 days or else T-Mobile will give me a disfunctional used Nexus 6 with a load of scratches and charge me restocking fees. I heard Motorola had a 1 year warranty for the Nexus 6. They would replace my device with a "like new"( better be like new and not scratched up with a broken hardware) Nexus 6. My big concern is that i heard a lot of complaints about Motorola having bad customer service when it comes to replacing phones. I don't want to ship my phone and get it lost/forgotten at some warehouse according to some recent customers' experience. I spent SO MUCH money ($600) just to get a lag infested Nexus device. The frames can't not only keep up in games, but it also has stuttering on the web as well and when swiping my pages in the recent tabs. Is this a software problem or a hardware/firmware defect? Should I go ahead and risk getting a replacement from Motorola? Please help!

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The customer service has been hit or miss with me. I bought a motox and a 360 through them decided to return the X and it took several phone calls and departments to get something done and it still didn't get taken care of. I waited a couple of days, called back and the first person I spoke to helped me no problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Moto x through them and returned it during the window (14 days I believe). A month and a half later they still had not refunded me my money. I had to go to my credit card and dispute the charges and moto tried to dispute my dispute. Finally, 3 months after they had received my return, I was refunded my money......by my Credit Card. Moto still did not want to give it back.

pony182

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with my front speaker basically lowering volume to the point where I couldn't hear anything (if you google it, you'll find lots of people with the same problem). I decided to return it under 1yr warranty. They gave me two options: 1st - keep my phone until they send me another one and once I receive the new one, I'd ship out the old one (they put a hold on your credit card for about $400 just in case you don't send the old one), or 2nd option - send out the old one, and wait for them to repair it or send you a replacement. I've decided to go with the first option and had no problems. I received new phone within 2 days, sent out an old one in the box that the replacement came in and got my money back within few days. Oh, and they also told me that I'd be getting "like new" device and like you I was worried about scratches, etc., but it really did look brand new. So I guess I had a good luck with their customer service. However, they have to determine that your device is in fact, defective.

AndroiUser75

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a laggy Nexus 6 or at least it has stutters moving pixels around when swiping around the web (chrome). Games looks bad because it just plays at 20-30 frames per second or fps. I'm pretty sure most others aren't having this issue so I guarantee that I have a defective device.