Replacement for the N6

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've been very happy with my N6, but the screen cracked. I'm now trying to figure out if I want to repair it or replace it. I hate to sink the repair costs into a 2 year old phone when I could almost buy a new N6 for what they want. But then why put that money to an "old" phone.

I really like the size and the front facing speakers, I think the 6p is an okay replacement but there are a lot of issues with the Pixel XL (size, bezels). So I started branching out my search for a true replacement in size and have come up with a couple of options but still wonder if I would miss the nexus updates if I decide to go with a non-nexus phone.

So here is what I'm considering:
Any opinions? Is there something else I should consider?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I've been very happy with my N6, but the screen cracked. I'm now trying to figure out if I want to repair it or replace it. I hate to sink the repair costs into a 2 year old phone when I could almost buy a new N6 for what they want. But then why put that money to an "old" phone.

I really like the size and the front facing speakers, I think the 6p is an okay replacement but there are a lot of issues with the Pixel XL (size, bezels). So I started branching out my search for a true replacement in size and have come up with a couple of options but still wonder if I would miss the nexus updates if I decide to go with a non-nexus phone.

I don't know if your in the US, but I have been looking at the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe, but there no where to be found in the US. I even emailed Asus US and they don't even know when they will be available. I'm still pretty content with my Nexus 6, you could probably find one in very good condition used for around $200, or around there. The 6p prices are still to high in my opinion for a discontinued phone.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I was contemplating changing mainly for battery and camera lag both have which have improved since clearing the cache so will wait and see. The Samsung C9 pro may also be worth a look when it comes out later this month apparently.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The C9 pro appears to be shipping 11/11 (in China) and looks interesting, but 1080 x 1920 pixels (~367 ppi pixel density) seems low by today's standards for a 6" phone (especially since the N6 that is 2 years old has higher resolution.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think the Phab 2 Pro might be too big. I've used a Sony Xperian Z Ultra before and it always felt big and the Phab 2 is bigger. I really wish something like the Pixel XL had been an upgraded N6 with a 6" screen and small bezels and stereo front facing speakers......

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a N6 to replace a Note 4 whose screen broke. This phone might be two years old but it is one hell of a phone.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Here's a new in box N6 for $249 New in Box Motorola Nexus 6 X XT1103 - 32/64GB (Unlocked) Smartphone ALL COLORS | eBay

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a N6 that I cracked the screen on in July. Barely runs across the screen in the upper right corner. I have used a couple other phones since then(iPhone 6S+ & Moto Z).I ended up deciding to go back to my N6 and bought another N6 to keep the cracked one as a spare. I have a older plan on Verizon with 5 lines and I can get 2 new upgrades a year. I also used to do a lot of swapping and trading on Craigslist. Since 2010 when I got the original Motorola droid I have had 50+ smartphones. My Ñ6 has been the longest I have ever kept a phone and can't see myself getting rid of it.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Care to elaborate? I'm cooling on Asus phones anyway. I'm starting to lean toward the V20, but there is still a part of me that says just get a replacement N6 or a Nexus 6p.