Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkiker2089
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 frozen at Google screen

I was just checking out recovery mode and it froze on the google screen. Obviously I can't pull a battery, how do I restart it?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Hold power to reset

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hold the power for ten seconds or so and it should flash. Then it will come back. When it does hit volume down
    Thanked by:
    MT408 
    MT408 likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 frozen at Google screen

Did the same thing, but power button did nothing, nor did the volume +- buttons. About an hour later though it just rebooted all on its own and came up just fine. For now I'm just avoiding using the "power on while holding down both volume buttons" stuff.

ROM
    Some Jelly Bean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by shafferb View Post
    Did the same thing, but power button did nothing, nor did the volume +- buttons. About an hour later though it just rebooted all on its own and came up just fine. For now I'm just avoiding using the "power on while holding down both volume buttons" stuff.
    Recovery is power and vol down. But make sure you're connected to your computer. Plenty of people have reported that's the only way they can boot into recovery from powered off.

Thanks a bunch! It worked for me on my Nexus 7.

Hi my Nexus 7 is with the Google screen frozen.

I tried to reboot, but there is not options to do that. I took out the battery and put it back and nothing. still with the Google screen when it turns on.
    I really don't know that to do!

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Guimaraes View Post
    Hi my Nexus 7 is with the Google screen frozen.

I tried to reboot, but there is not options to do that. I took out the battery and put it back and nothing. still with the Google screen when it turns on.
    I really don't know that to do!
    What happened? Were you tweaking something? Was it unlocked / rooted?

I'd try booting to recovery and wiping the caches and rebooting. If no good do a factory image restore. Although if this wasn't a result of hacking stuff you might just have a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I went to use my tablet and the wifi had been shut off. I can not get it to turn on. I tried turning and off and on, nothing. I tried the power button and lower volume button, nothing.