4.2 stock build.prop request

ledsock

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the 4.2 update on my rooted Nexus 7, but I accidentally overwrote the build.prop with the 4.1.2 build.prop.

Can someone please post the 4.2 build.prop so I don't have to factory reset? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the 4.2 update on my rooted Nexus 7, but I accidentally overwrote the build.prop with the 4.1.2 build.prop.

Can someone please post the 4.2 build.prop so I don't have to factory reset? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

I could this evening if you can wait.

I believe you can find it within the factory image if you unzip and browse around it.. Link to download the image is in my factory restore guide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ledsock

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! It would be much appreciated! I was going to try the guide to fish it out of the system.img file, but my linux box is out of order and I can't get Ubuntu to play nice with Windows on my laptop.

ledsock

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I managed to get Ubuntu running on my laptop. I was able to get the build.prop out of the system.img file, but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem. I attached it here in case anyone else needs it.

Attachments

• build.prop.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 234

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get Ubuntu running on my laptop. I was able to get the build.prop out of the system.img file, but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem. I attached it here in case anyone else needs it.

Oh.. sorry to hear. You able to get up and running at least? Either via a factory reset or factory image restore?

the_ac

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I made a simmilar mistake - i overwrote the build.prop of 4.2.1 with the one from 4.2. The Result: Only a Black screen on boot.

I thought it would not be that hard to get the original 4.2.1 build.prop again out of the OTA update, but it seems there is only a diff in there, not a complete build.prop. (and 4.2.1 is not (yet?) on the restore factory image page).

so, could someone upload his original build.prop from 4.2.1? Or tell me how to patch the diff for only one file myself?

Thanks a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa