windows 8 issues with adb in bootloader

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been working for a few hours trying to figure this out but I am out of ideas. here is whats going on:

I recently upgraded to windows 8 from 7. everything worked fine on 7. I could run adb commands fast boot ect in normal boot, boot loader, and stock recovery.
(rooted running francos kernel)

so I saw there was an update and since I have manually updated before I figured it would take me 5 min and id flash it via the stock recovery and adb. well as soon as I got to recovery (power + vol up) update from adb_> adb sideload 4.2.2.zip I got adb device not found.
ok so I figured maybe my sdk tools where out of date. updated tried again. same thing. I rebooted normally. and ran adb reboot bootloader -. rebooted to bootloader. so from there again I tried adb reboot recovery-. adb device not found. so I made sure and did fastboot reboot-bootloader -. bootloader reboots.

after that I spent 3 hours installing and uninstalling drivers. all of them had the same effect. adb commands work when booted into android but not in boot loader or recovery. ( I did put windows 8 into test mode when working with the drivers) I tried the new naked .72 driver, the raw drivers, samsungs nexus drivers, the universal google sdk drivers, asus's windows drivers (that supposedly works on w8)

I just plugged in my Gnex and same thing is happening with that.

im at a loss. I dont know what do do short of down grading back to windows 7. ::-\

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
thinking of installing linux and duel booting. so I can run the command lines and not be dead in the water until someone figures out of to get these drivers working.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem in Win 7.

I've read that thre may be an issue with the device ID not registering through the USB driver, requiring a manual edit of the ?winusb.inf? file - I've added my hardware ID to the ?winusb.inf? file to no avail.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
what exactly did you add to that and where? I tried to copy what they did last night but it didnt work. or it could have been 1am and I was just messing up..

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I added my recovery hardware id (found in my windows device manager) to a new CompositeAdbInterface ?winusb.inf? in the Nexus 7 section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez