Nandroid Backup Question

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I created a Nandroid backup using Wug's toolkit (which stored the backup on both my computer and my Nexus 7), and now I'm curious about this....

When you restore a Nandroid backup, does it restore your Nexus 7 back to just as you had left it when you made the backup? And, if you do restore it, does it delete anything that was just installed? (for example, if you installed some apps after you made the backup, changed some settings, etc).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I created a Nandroid backup using Wug's toolkit (which stored the backup on both my computer and my Nexus 7), and now I'm curious about this....

When you restore a Nandroid backup, does it restore your Nexus 7 back to just as you had left it when you made the backup? And, if you do restore it, does it delete anything that was just installed? (for example, if you installed some apps after you made the backup, changed some settings, etc).

A nandroid a full image of your device in its current state (apps, settings, etc). If you restore it you will return to the exact state it was in when you made it. The only thing it does not affect is your sdcard partition, so music/image/media files can be managed between backups.

Also you should really make your backups in recovery mode, using a custom recovery (either CWM or TWRP), not with the toolkit.

:)

AbhishekS319

May 6, 2013
Visit site
As said above, a nandroid backup will take a total backup of your device's current state and will not affect your personal files (images, music, etc.).

And yes, when you restore it you lose all the apps installed and settings changed after that, as the nandroid restores your device's exact state at the time of backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
can i push the backup into the new rom to load my apps and data?

No.. You can use an app such as Titanium Backup to restore apps and some apps' data. Check the link in my signature to my TiBu guide for info on that. But do not make the mistake of trying to restore system data :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

storlem

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No.. You can use an app such as Titanium Backup to restore apps and some apps' data. Check the link in my signature to my TiBu guide for info on that. But do not make the mistake of trying to restore system data :)

Thank you. Will it work with the free version of Tibu or do I need to get the pro? I wanted to ask you some issues also I had with pushing ROM & kernel but this might be the wrong thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Will it work with the free version of Tibu or do I need to get the pro? I wanted to ask you some issues also I had with pushing ROM & kernel but this might be the wrong thread.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I recommend the paid version. The free one will work fine but will not perform batch restores, so you'll need to confirm each app restore. I wrote the guide with the paid version in mind. For the couple bucks I spent on it ages ago it's been well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty