the future of chromecast question?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
so it won't show everything that i see on nexus 7 right now.

will it be able to do that in the future? by then, do i need to buy a new chromecast or can i just update its firmware or software?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the Cast is off to a good start. Sure it can get better, but at $35 it truly isn't a bad start.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
when will that happen? does anyone know?

i am not sure if i want to buy it now or wait for an uncertain period of time?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
when will that happen? does anyone know?

i am not sure if i want to buy it now or wait for an uncertain period of time?

Not sure, but get it now. Kinda fun to watch movies from Play or store music to your TV.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I broke down and bought a Chromecast a few days ago.....I certainly can't say that I am sorry that I did! The video and audio quality is fantastic to say the least! For $35.00 you cannot go wrong at all.....Now if they do implement the screen mirroring as rumored, then it would be maybe the best all around device out there for using your tablet, phone, etc with your TV!...... PS, the setup on this thing was amazingly easy!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand, there is more mirroring support code in one of the minor 4.4 updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Scott99

May 27, 2010
Visit site
It really is a cool product. I have a Roku, and one thing it was missing was Youtube. That, and the ability to watch movies on my Nexus 7 on the train, and then continue the movie at home on my 46" Samsung TV was worth the $35 (actually someone bought it for me for Xmas). I'm having so much fun watching Youtube on my TV, there are so many things on Youtube that just aren't anywhere else, my Chrome Cast is getting so much use. Full movies (love old Kung Fu movies), sports highlights, just everything. I remember I read a book a few months back, it was a historical non-fiction book. I read somewhere that The History Channel had done a special on it, well, don't you know, there it was on Youtube. Back then, I had to watch it on my Nexus 7, now I can watch it on the big screen. Amazing gadget that will be even more incredible if it indeed will mimic my tablet and phone 100% (does that include playing games ?).

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Amazing gadget that will be even more incredible if it indeed will mimic my tablet and phone 100% (does that include playing games ?).

Unless they change something, it would not work well for games. There is a noticeable lag when casting tabs from Chrome. I expect that lag may be there for casting the whole device as well, which would ruin the experience for most games. But I agree that as a whole, the Chromecast is a great device, especially for the price. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty