[GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes still works with current 4.4.4 And you are right, with my N7 2013...i only had to tap the vol up button while holding down the power button.

oldhickorytony

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I know this is responding to an old posting... but somebody else has got to experiencing the same problem. And I've googled and googled and googled... I get to about step 4 where I have Recovery Mode selected and the instructions are to push the power button and the little guy with a red x should show up. No little guy with a red x shows up... just the Google logo... and I'm dead in the water again... I feel like there's some simple combination that I'm missing... running perfect one day and then boom (one week out of warranty)

Spaz888

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
With the 2012 Nexus 7, wiping the cache partition won't help with the horrific lag and sluggishness. However, formatting the partition to F2FS which is the real reason the Nexus 7 2012 is slow, not so much as a result of the hardware: How to speed up your original Nexus 7, and others? | Pocketnow

Unfortunately, the instructions on how to convert the partition to F2FS are all over the place, incomplete, and are complicated as heck. I'd pay some Android "geek" to do this for me if I can bring back life to my 2012 Nexus 7.

hargrek

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I tried this today on Nexus 7 2012 to try and quicken tablet after Lollipop recd OTA. However, I only managed to get as far as :-
"6. While pressing and holding Power, press the Vol Up button, then release both buttons. You don't have to hold either button down for very long. The Recovery Menu will now appear:"
The screen just went black, no menu came up. I managed to power up but no cleaning of cache was done.

Deehat

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue with the looping colured dots start up screen

I went to charge up my N7 3G 2012 and after a while I unplugged it and went to unlock it but it was stuck on the unlock/home screen. I thought a hard reboot (holding down the power button to switch off) and restarting it would of fixed it but after turning it back on I got the enternal 4 coloured circle loop.

Its a standard Nexus 7 3G 2012, I havent changed it in any way apart from updates.

I have tried wiping the cache but that hasnt work, just goes back to the loop after reboot. I know there are some other options in the recovery mode. Should i try any these?

reboot systyem now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition (have tried this one twice)

Ive also tried WugFresh Flash stock and unroot - soft-bricked/bootloop but it says i need to have it usb debugged which i cant do as i cant get into it. Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Homejames

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello
Constant spinning of dots as tablet tried to restart after crashing. Closed screen to go and do a job, and then tablet would not restart.
Followed all the instructions. Google screen appears with padlock icon at bottom of screen.
Can get no further than this to open my tablet.

Help :p

bcrit

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just wiped the cache partition but when I rebooted, I now cannot connect to wifi. It says "obtaining I address". I've even tried clicking "Forget" and re-entering my password and it is still stuck on "obtaining I address". Please help! Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty