Samsung Gallery app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I open the app on the albums page. the app still opens quickly...nothing odd there. however, for the past week, after opening the app, there's a lag for the thumbnails on each of the album to populate. the initial presentation/visual is a field of gray. it is not a long delay, but it is abnormal. it's noticeable and makes me wonder what has changed. that's the only reason I went looking for an update in the first place. I've already run all the standard traps to try to correct the situation (see above).

the whole thing is annoying, not critical. I've just accepted it as either a temporary issue or a new normal.
Gotcha, I would wait until it gets updated to see if it goes away

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I open the app on the albums page. the app still opens quickly...nothing odd there. however, for the past week, after opening the app, there's a lag for the thumbnails on each of the album to populate. the initial presentation/visual is a field of gray. it is not a long delay, but it is abnormal. it's noticeable and makes me wonder what has changed. that's the only reason I went looking for an update in the first place. I've already run all the standard traps to try to correct the situation (see above).

the whole thing is annoying, not critical. I've just accepted it as either a temporary issue or a new normal.
Are you synching with OneDrive? That could be causing the lag. How many photos and videos are on your phone? How much storage space is left on your phone? Try freeing up space by either offloading photos and videos or out right deleting anything that is not needed.

I don't keep photos and videos for long periods on my phone. I regularly offload them to my NAS.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Are you synching with OneDrive? That could be causing the lag. How many photos and videos are on your phone? How much storage space is left on your phone? Try freeing up space by either offloading photos and videos or out right deleting anything that is not needed.

I don't keep photos and videos for long periods on my phone. I regularly offload them to my NAS.
all photos are local. all photos are synced with 2 clouds. I have about 350Gb of storage available. and it has always been thus. the "lag" just started earlier this week.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
all photos are local. all photos are synced with 2 clouds. I have about 350Gb of storage available. and it has always been thus. the "lag" just started earlier this week.
What other changes were made to your phone? It could be the Gallery app is the problem. It could be another app is causing it or (worst case scenario) your storage is corrupted.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Something has changed, just have to figure out what it is. 🤷‍♂️
we'll see. I'll assure you of one thing. if it doesn't resolve itself (software glitch) and my only recourse is to factory reset, I'll be playing with a new phone before I do a reset that doesn't fix the problem lol. (here I go shooting my mouth off again...we'll see how it plays out)

Reactions: mustang7757

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe I mentioned... I have Same EXACT Situation .
Extremely Displeased.

Screenshot_20240106_173425_Galaxy Store.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105_201729_Galaxy Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240105_201729_Galaxy Store.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240106_173425_Galaxy Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_173425_Galaxy Store.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 15

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Excellent Question & thank Yu for asking. I cannot replicate same exact action right now,
Except to go to Gallery App, then to bottom,
- "App details in store",
then shows same screen,
"not compatible".

Do I have something disabled?

(BTW, I am unable to preview these attachments )Screenshot_20240115_164705_Galaxy Store.jpgScreenshot_20240115_164656_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240115_164459_Settings.jpg

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Excellent Question & thank Yu for asking. I cannot replicate same exact action right now,
Except to go to Gallery App, then to bottom,
- "App details in store",
then shows same screen,
"not compatible".

Do I have something disabled?

(BTW, I am unable to preview these attachments )View attachment 358762View attachment 358763View attachment 358764
That is because the version in the store is not compatible with the S22 series. It is probably compatible with the S23 and newer. There are at least three versions running around; *.42 (S22 series), *.45 (Tab S9) and this version.

It is not worth getting wrapped around the axle about. This happens all the time with apps.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Thank you so much, but I am on the SG23U.
Interesting. I can't replicate the OPs problems either (i.e. the lagging and such). The only thing I can replicate is the compatibility issue with the store version. I have the S22U so that is why I thought it was probably compatible with the S23 series.

I am wondering which device(s) this version of the Gallery app is compatible with. The S24 series maybe? Maybe Samsung is prestaging apps for OneUI 6.1.

When I look in APKMirror it shows these as the newest versions:

1705463558652.png

In any case, it's not worth getting wrapped around the axle about the versions.

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
How cool you looked at this...

I was going to use this as one my "excuses" to upgrade to the 24U !

Ahhh hahhhh haahhh !!!!

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeas, and I have lagging, in different respects as well. Need to restart phone at times.

Another reason to upgrade .