Samsung Gallery app

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My Gallery app has recently started misbehaving a bit and I know there's an update for the app. So I attempted to go to the Galaxy Store and see if the update was available for my phone, and the screenshot below is what I got in return. I did the obligatory force stop, clear cache and force stop, clear cache, clear data and force stop. Prior to that, I cleared the cache partition and repaired apps from the recovery menu. Nothing has fixed it. I'm open to any ideas.

Screenshot_20240110_132626_Galaxy Store.jpg

Reactions: BEaRebel

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that show up as soon as you open the Galaxy Store app, or is it when you try to update the Gallery app there?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Does that show up as soon as you open the Galaxy Store app, or is it when you try to update the Gallery app there?
when I try to update the app. that screenshot is when trying to access the Galaxy Store from the info page of the app. when opening the app, it takes a very short while to load all of the albums. that is what got my attention.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you open the Galaxy Store first and check for any app updates there? Does Gallery show up as one that has an update available?

Reactions: J Dubbs

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I've seen information about an update to the current .55 I believe. regardless, I should be able to access the app in the Galaxy Store without having the incompatibility warning appearing.
Version 15.0.00.42 is the most current version for the S22 Ultra. Where did you see this and for what device(s). Not all Galaxy devices will get the same version.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Version 15.0.00.42 is the most current version for the S22 Ultra. Where did you see this and for what device(s). Not all Galaxy devices will get the same version.
The screenshot is from when I'm trying to access the app in the Galaxy Store. let's stipulate that there's no update. I'm more interested in the fact that the app shows incompatible with my phone's OS.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
The screenshot is from when I'm trying to access the app in the Galaxy Store. let's stipulate that there's no update. I'm more interested in the fact that the app shows incompatible with my phone's OS.
Interesting. The version installed on my Tab S9 is: 15.0.00.46. The version you saw in the Galaxy Store is probably for the S23 Ultra. That would explain why it's incompatible with your device. I get that same error on my S22 Ultra and Tab S9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Your not using a VPN?
No VPN
Interesting. The version installed on my Tab S9 is: 15.0.00.46. The version you saw in the Galaxy Store is probably for the S23 Ultra. That would explain why it's incompatible with your device. I get that same error on my S22 Ultra and Tab S9.
that would explain the incompatibility, though I can't even see the Gallery app in the Store. since you're seeing the same thing (or similar thing, rather), I'll ride it out and see when/if it settles out. many thanks

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
No VPN

that would explain the incompatibility, though I can't even see the Gallery app in the Store. since you're seeing the same thing (or similar thing, rather), I'll ride it out and see when/if it settles out. many thanks
That is because the Galaxy Store only shows what is compatible with your device. Since the newest version is incompatible with our devices, it won't show up in the store for us.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
That is because the Galaxy Store only shows what is compatible with your device. Since the newest version is incompatible with our devices, it won't show up in the store for us.
how unfortunate that I can't see the app on my phone in the Store. that's a new development (for me). seems like a significant error on Samsung's part. now I'll overreact and claim that I'll never purchase Samsung again, look for a class action suit, buy an iPhone, and tell all my friends 😉.

just kidding.....I don't have friends 😂

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
how unfortunate that I can't see the app on my phone in the Store. that's a new development (for me). seems like a significant error on Samsung's part. now I'll overreact and claim that I'll never purchase Samsung again, look for a class action suit, buy an iPhone, and tell all my friends 😉.

just kidding.....I don't have friends 😂
I don't think it is new thing. The Gallery app is baked into the OS. I have never been able to install it from the Galaxy store. Only update if via the store.

P.S. The newest version on apkmirror is 15.0.00.46; which is what I have on m Tab S9.

It may let you install it.

Correction: 15.1.00.900 is the newest version.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No VPN

What exactly is the gallery app doing?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
What exactly is the gallery app doing?
I open the app on the albums page. the app still opens quickly...nothing odd there. however, for the past week, after opening the app, there's a lag for the thumbnails on each of the album to populate. the initial presentation/visual is a field of gray. it is not a long delay, but it is abnormal. it's noticeable and makes me wonder what has changed. that's the only reason I went looking for an update in the first place. I've already run all the standard traps to try to correct the situation (see above).

the whole thing is annoying, not critical. I've just accepted it as either a temporary issue or a new normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos