This close to the launch of the Nexus 7: Google should tell us

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Give us an exact date so my heart rate can go back to normal and so I can go about my normal day instead of thinking day and night when this will be released.

bmatt0516

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: This close to the launch of the Nexus 7: Google should tell

Well, I'd imagine that when they know for sure, they'd tell us. So I'd operate under the assumption that today is not the day, since they haven't announced it yet. In general, manufacturers/retailers announce the date as soon as they know, they don't generally just surprise consumers.

EDIT: Also, since it said 2-3 weeks when I ordered it on June 29th, I'd assume sometime between the 13th and 20th it'd ship, at the earliest. Since it changed to 1-2 weeks this morning, I think, then I'd assume we're looking at between the 17th and 24th.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

I wish a google employee would let it slip as to when its coming out lol. Staples states their pre-ordered customers can expect it near the 13th of July. Google Play Pre-Orders should get it either the same date or even a day or two earlier.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Google doesnt owe anyone an exact date. They announced mid July. There may be reasons they have not given an exact date yet. If they give us a date and then miss it, then we crucify them for giving us bad info. None of us have a clue as to what happens behind the scenes with any product launch, let alone a large scale one. Ill give you an example.... more than likely, these devices are being shipped from China to a US port. Google doesnt have any control over how the products are unloaded and released by US Customs. So there is probably a window there, the ship is due to arrive say on 7/10, but the cargo may not be cleared until 7/11. (or it can be later. Google has NO control over this process) The cargo then has to be trucked to the fulfillment center (presumably UPS Logistics in Louisville), and then the orders need to be picked and shipped. There is way too much that can happen. I doubt very much that Google has these units sitting in a warehouse somewhere just waiting...... what would be the point of that? Google doesnt get paid until they ship the devices.

So I say, cut Google (or whoever) some slack. They will arrive as soon as they can.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I wish a google employee would let it slip as to when its coming out lol. Staples states their pre-ordered customers can expect it near the 13th of July. Google Play Pre-Orders should get it either the same date or even a day or two earlier.

Don't the Staples pre-orders say it will ship anywhere between the 13th and the 17th? This seems to be in line with the "1-2" weeks estimate on Google Play.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Google doesnt owe anyone an exact date. They announced mid July. There may be reasons they have not given an exact date yet. If they give us a date and then miss it, then we crucify them for giving us bad info. None of us have a clue as to what happens behind the scenes with any product launch, let alone a large scale one. Ill give you an example.... more than likely, these devices are being shipped from China to a US port. Google doesnt have any control over how the products are unloaded and released by US Customs. So there is probably a window there, the ship is due to arrive say on 7/10, but the cargo may not be cleared until 7/11. (or it can be later. Google has NO control over this process) The cargo then has to be trucked to the fulfillment center (presumably UPS Logistics in Louisville), and then the orders need to be picked and shipped. There is way too much that can happen. I doubt very much that Google has these units sitting in a warehouse somewhere just waiting...... what would be the point of that? Google doesnt get paid until they ship the devices.

So I say, cut Google (or whoever) some slack. They will arrive as soon as they can.

Hey I'm just glad it's mid-July. When they announced it, they could have easily said "launching in August" or "launching in the Fall." All things considered, it's obvious that they want to ship this thing out to the general public as soon as possible. Though I am impatient and, at the moment, tabletless, so the sooner the better :D

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Dont get me wrong, I want my N7 as much as everyone else, but Im sure not losing sleep over it either. If it comes next week while I am away, then oh, well, it'll be here when I get home.

j_gets

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I'd even be happy with 'We will start shipping units Wednesday, with shipping continuing as units are available.'

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Also, since it said 2-3 weeks when I ordered it on June 29th, I'd assume sometime between the 13th and 20th it'd ship, at the earliest. Since it changed to 1-2 weeks this morning, I think, then I'd assume we're looking at between the 17th and 24th.

That's if you were to order right now. Remember, it's first come first serve, so those who preordered immediately as it became available on the Play Store will get theirs in the first shipment, etc.

If Staples and others are mentioning shipments (for users that ordered when Staples first offered it) going out around the 12th and 13th then we can safely assume that it's somewhere in that neighborhood for early Play Store buyers.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Google doesnt owe anyone an exact date.

Even though I hate Apple with a passion which almost completely consumes me, they do one thing right. They keep their mouths shut until they are ready to release it and know an exact day it which they can execute that.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Even though I hate Apple with a passion which almost completely consumes me, they do one thing right. They keep their mouths shut until they are ready to release it and know an exact day it which they can execute that.

Cant deny that, but this stuff is so complex. I work in ocean shipping (from the IT side) so I know what can and does happen.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think the big problem here is that OTHER companies are giving shipping dates, but Google isn't. It should be safe to assume that if you pre-ordered early from Google, you would get your device before everyone else. From the way things look right now, that might not be the case. It'd be a load of crap if people who ordered them from Staples or Gamestop last week get them before those of us who ordered them directly from Google on launch day. THAT, in my estimation, is the problem here.

djflan

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

I think the big problem here is that OTHER companies are giving shipping dates, but Google isn't. It should be safe to assume that if you pre-ordered early from Google, you would get your device before everyone else. From the way things look right now, that might not be the case. It'd be a load of crap if people who ordered them from Staples or Gamestop last week get them before those of us who ordered them directly from Google on launch day. THAT, in my estimation, is the problem here.

Yes.....that would stink!

here is to hoping that that does not happen :\

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Don't the Staples pre-orders say it will ship anywhere between the 13th and the 17th? This seems to be in line with the "1-2" weeks estimate on Google Play.

As of right now my Staples preorder estimates the delivery date as the 17th, so barring any kind of major development I'd say anywhere from the 13th to the 17th is pretty accurate.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

All I know is I'm excited. I just got my One X last week and sold my iPhone 4S. Now my wife is as excited as me because she's getting my 3rd gen iPad when my sweet Nexus 7 gets here. Unlike most here I do like Apple's products but I thought my phone's screen was too small and my tablet's screen was too big. I'd have loved a GNEX but the camera and PenTile screen were deal breakers. I couldn't be happier with my HOX with Apex Launcher Pro. Love the one and two-finger gestures from the home screen! Sorry, I'm gushing. I just can't wait to get some Jelly Bean goodness!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

It would be really nice to have an exact date, but I'd rather Google wait and be right than announce a date and be late.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

History often repeats itself.... how did the google launch of the GN happen? Were there pre orders? Did they ship first?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty