really cant believe this

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just called GameStop. I asked about the nexus 7. They said the street date is on the 12 (tomorrow) no one has per ordered at the game stop. And that if I per order now I could come pick it up tomorrow. He has them in stores in the box. But if not they will be selling them on the shelves by Saturday. I think I'll cancel my Google order.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with canceling your order with Google. They won't allow it because "it's been processed for shipping (the same answer I have gotten 5 days in a row now)"

So you will have to buy it from Gamestop and then once you unit arrives from Google, refuse the shipment and you will be refunded

ThePShot

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can process a return with Google today. It will still be shipped, you can just refuse to take it from UPS. The charge will be on your card for less than 48 hours.

Now that I know GameStop and Staples have the $25 Play Card too, I'm canceling and going B&M.

Zikeji

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I went with Staples on my pre-order. I won't bother changing it, I may have gone with Gamestop and pre-ordered if their employees won't so crappy.

Their effing employees told me "We'll be getting ours around the 30th". They also tried to say "Preorders from Google won't ship until after the 30th, and will take weeks to get to you after shipping, so if you order from us you'll get it sooner".

Yeah, they said that.

Forgvn77

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in to my local GameStop where I placed my preorder the day they started taking them last night. I was told that their system is showing two different release dates. The description for the Nexus 7 includes a release date of the 12th. The release date column shows the 31st though. He said he didn't know when it was coming out, but that they had the tablets in store.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Here, this may help with your decision.

426128-70384439_ba1fd5b9de_large.jpeg

Reactions: Downtown Taco

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How sure are you if this

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Central Forums

I am going to answer for him and say 0% sure. NO ONE KNOWS when this device will be released, except for Google employees. And they have a great privacy clause that prevents anyone from talking about it.

RawrDuy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
It's been confirmed that Gamestop has already received shipment of Nexus 7s, but they're holding out to sell them until Google gives them the okay.

ack154

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you really want to cancel your Google order, you can try to call and tell them you want to cancel to order the other version (8 or 16). They'll process the cancelation for your existing order and then just tell you to place a new order for the correct one.

That's how it worked when I switched to the 16GB one...

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How sure are you if this

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Central Forums

If that's directed towards me. I'm more than 10000000% sure. I heard him open up the boxes. He told me he has them in stores . Right now right this second. And as soon as I got off the phone I posted on here.. but I'm going to go there tomorrow And check.

skappy7

May 26, 2010
Visit site
"Information garnered on the internet, should be considered with great caution, until proven by trustworthy sources"......Abraham Lincoln

Not only does it turn out that he was a vampire slayer, he was also a savant of the technologies of the 21st century. Interesting

Seijyurou

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
gamestop CAN NOT sell the tablets till google gives the ok, their was a gamestop instore e-mail leaked on this site that told all employees they can not sell them till google gives the ok or it will be a street date violation.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My local gamestop comfirmed to me last night that they have them in stock but CAN NOT sell them until they get word from Google, and they said they didnt have an official release date and that July 31 was a place holder date. Hopefully we hear about the official date soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty