Nexus 7 vs the Nexus 10 - Is the 7 too small?

What should I do?

• Total voters

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I've said this ever since I got my hands on the Acer iconia a100. I think 7 inches is the perfect size for a tablet. I personally feels like it gives you the perfect blend of portability and screen real estate. If devs.. Or Google... OR whoever is responsible would create more tablet specific apps for this format factor this question wouldn't even be feasible. Lol. That's just my opinion. This coming from a person who has owned an ipad 2 and transformer prime.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Some women might think the 7 is too small, but others might be scared to death of the 10.

As a guy, the 7 would be more convenient, but I'd like to have a 10 for those special events.

Genius lol

ajwmedia

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I love my nexus 7, 10 is too big just open your laptop. :) for me its too heavy. Fibro hands 7 is perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zenibear

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had a 10 inch tablet and thought I wouldn't like 7 inch as much but actually it is perfect. If I need a bigger screen for something I'll use my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
To me, phone platforms are a fantastically pocketable design bringing content to places it could never be found. But it's size is simply too small to effectively view content like eBooks and PDF files. On the other hand, a 10" platform like the iPad renders such content stunningly. But frankly, it'ss just too bulky for my tastes.

I've been asking for a 7-ish inch tablet for years, claiming that a "paperback book"-sized device would be much more useful. Now that I bought a Nexus 7, my desires are met--I simply love it. It's the right balance between form and function.

But some like the 10" format, so by all means, I'd love to see a Nexus 10 in the future.

Hell, I'd love to see a Nexus 20, but unfortunately, it'd probably be way too bulky. But still...

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Some women might think the 7 is too small, but others might be scared to death of the 10.

As a guy, the 7 would be more convenient, but I'd like to have a 10 for those special events.

Lol.... My friend.. You just won the internet.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
7" fits in my pocket and it works great for ultimate portability.

All other things being equal, this is the main selling point for a 7" device. I put my N7 in a pocket of my cargo pants and my GF leaves her iPad at home. She just doesn't want to carry it around.

My N7 and HTC Rezound together are easier to carry than a 10" device, even if it was dual purpose.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
for me its about portability, reading and ability to hold 1 handed. 10 inches is too big for one handed reading. 7 inches actually borders on this even for a man. Playing a game or reading for an hour prove more strenuous with a 10 inch than the 7inch.

are you watching videos by yourself or with others? the 7 inch should be good enough to watch by yourself. If your using it as a travel tv between you and another, then maybe the 10 is better. Is this going to be used like this as much?

Portability is where the 7inch shines. Even with a bulky case, my nexus7 fits in a cargo pocket. I love my 7 incher