Some system functions may not work correctly

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have used up a lot of space for movies and TV shows for my upcoming vacation and I have 373mb left. I have a notification now that states "Some system functions such as syncing may not work correctly". Does anyone have an idea of what the other system functions may be? I want to install more apps but now I'm afraid it will mess with the tablet. And if the lack of space does affect the tablet then there will be almost 400mb of space that I can't do anything with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well right now I'm going to leave it as is but once I watch one movie I will delete it and that should get rid of the notification. I was just curious what the other system functions were because if its just syncing that may not work properly then I can live with that.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Use that cloud buddy. Delete some stuff and only put the songs and videos that you most favor on the device. I don't have a lot of either so all mine is on the device.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Use that cloud buddy. Delete some stuff and only put the songs and videos that you most favor on the device. I don't have a lot of either so all mine is on the device.

Is the cloud that you're talking about, Google Drive? Or is it something completely different?

The only one I've tried so far is Google drive but that wouldn't let me download my movies to my tablet.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Sure, the cloud, yep, while your on vacation you need to go to McD's or Starbucks to watch your movies, or pay for the wifi from the hotel (most do NOT offer free wifi, except to frequent or premium customers). You have wifi in your car right? So you can listen to music from the cloud?

That's the reason right there I got the 16GB model and will be rooting ASAP so I can use miniUSB storage.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
On Google movies and music apps you can opt the device to download them. If you do then it will take up storage. If you don't want to download then you can play it from the internet. Problem is you need WiFi. 16 is enough for me cause I don't listen to a lot of songs or watch a ton of movies on my tablet. Hell I don't own that many movies to start with. Most of my space will go to apps and games. After getting sonic 2, dead trigger, shadow gun, riptide, great little war game I still have over 10 gigs left. Probably won't be downloading nova 3 but well see

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
On Google movies and music apps you can opt the device to download them. If you do then it will take up storage. If you don't want to download then you can play it from the internet. Problem is you need WiFi. 16 is enough for me cause I don't listen to a lot of songs or watch a ton of movies on my tablet. Hell I don't own that many movies to start with. Most of my space will go to apps and games. After getting sonic 2, dead trigger, shadow gun, riptide, great little war game I still have over 10 gigs left. Probably won't be downloading nova 3 but well see

Yeah needing wifi to download things from the cloud would definitely be an issue since there will be no wifi where i'm heading. But you are right though, 16gb is more then enough space. That's all i've ever used in my old tablet because I rarely download apps and games so all the storage goes towards movies/shows. Right now i've got 4 movies and 2 seasons of How i met your mother on there and that is probably as much as I will ever have or need on the tablet.

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i know i'm going to upload a playlist i've been working on (of about 100 of my favorite songs)
that's about it. netflix is my buddy lol.

grafx1

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Sure, the cloud, yep, while your on vacation you need to go to McD's or Starbucks to watch your movies, or pay for the wifi from the hotel (most do NOT offer free wifi, except to frequent or premium customers). You have wifi in your car right? So you can listen to music from the cloud?

That's the reason right there I got the 16GB model and will be rooting ASAP so I can use miniUSB storage.

Has the ability to use miniUSB storage using an external HD or SD card already been developed? Has anyone rooted the Nexus 7 yet successfully?

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Am i right in thinking you plug the nexus7 into your pc... then choose what content you copy over... and then it will give you the option of saving it to google drive or the acual hardrive? or does it work another way? :-\

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll load movies onto my N7, but leave all of my music in the cloud. If I absolutely have to listen to music and don't have wifi I can just pull out my phone which has my most frequently listened music anyway. (roughly 6gb)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana