How do you get out of "safe mode" in Nexus 7?

Dan Bachman

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I just received the Nexus 7 as a gift. Somehow it got into "safe mode." My downloaded Apps don't show up. The online manual doesn't even have "safe mode" in it. So I tried contacting Google but they are so busy they haven't responded in three days. Can anyone tell me how to get the N7 out of "safe mode"?

bussa5673

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem, but fooling around with the power off options eventually got it. I will try to see what sequence of events allows correct log off.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
This isn't Nexus 7 specific but have you tried Turn the Nexus 7 off.
Turn it back on and hold the “up” volume button ?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Reboot.

If you hold down Power Off at the power menu it asks if you want to reboot into safe mode.. that's how you got there.

teresa elliot

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem, kept powering up in safe mode. The answer is easy your case is probably holding the volume button down. So take it out of its holder, turn power off and turn back on again.the cut out on my case is not big enough. Hope this'd solves your prob.

okcid

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue.I had downloaded a 'volume control ' app and ticked a box saying
Saying start on reboot.......I later realised this caused my nexus to start in safe mode...unticking and rebooting solved my issue

beverly bender

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I just received the Nexus 7 as a gift. Somehow it got into "safe mode." My downloaded Apps don't show up. The online manual doesn't even have "safe mode" in it. So I tried contacting Google but they are so busy they haven't responded in three days. Can anyone tell me how to get the N7 out of "safe mode"?

Robert Dancy

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
It is necessary to hold the volume control switch to "high" and then operate the "on" switch, to get out of safe mode, but then I found that the tablet would not switch on again.
The Google people were very helpful when I called them, and told me that it was necessary to hold the "on" switch for at least fifteen seconds. It worked, and everything is fine now.

J7535

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
LG NEXUS 4 e960

There is a small square key with a pin on on side that comes with it.

1) find sim card on side of phone
it is a small slot about 1/2" long on and it is locate below volume control on left side of phone

2) use pin hole key to press in pin hole, this will eject the sim card

3) take out sim card then re-install the sim card

Restart phone
The SAFE MODE should be off now

mel thorn

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks, I have had the same problem with my new Nexus 4, being a first time smart phone owner I could not understand where my apps had gone. Following the above hints I have been able to switch safe mode off and get my apps back. Cheers. Mel T

Nagesh Ayyagari

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have 2011 Nexus S (samsung) and it is automatically going to safe mode when a new app is installed. I have removed the SIM card and rebooted and it worked. While booting I did press the volume-up and power-on button. Thanks for your suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2