Freaked out a bit about Samsung trade in. Anyone else get this email today?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got this this morning

cb6d6f8b304aafe73e53acda00fa28c9.jpg

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Last night I got the "trade-in device received" email I never got before the "approval" email. Weird. Went and looked on my Shop Samsung app and it's showing trade-in approved still. They must be getting a ton of trade in devices currently.

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Checked my account and it says "device triage " what does that mean?
that means they are inspection it i ask the same question to samsung chat then like same day that i told you yesterday my account said trade in successful then today i get email that they receive then later get email that i have 5 days then last email that it was trade in successful so today or monday you should get a email but you can still check your account like i did because thats how i found out before any of theses emails

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This morning I get notified they received my Trade-In
5 hours later Samsung emails me that I only have a few days to get my phone traded In
3 hours later I get an email my phone didn't pass and had a crack in the back

Do they look like the same phone ?

Attachments

• 23-3.jpg
    23-3.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Returned photo.png
    Returned photo.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 26

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My trade-in was delivered on Thursday. I got the same email yesterday about having 5 days to return it. This morning I got another email stating that they received my trade-in and that it could take up to 14 days to inspect it. I assume that they are really busy and maybe the tracking info is not updated as quickly as it should be.
Well I got a trade-in completed message about an hour ago. So, warning message, received message and trade-in complete all within 24hrs. Hopefully everyone else has the same response.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Well I got a trade-in completed message about an hour ago. So, warning message, received message and trade-in complete all within 24hrs. Hopefully everyone else has the same response.
Nope. Already a bunch of "false" broken screen/ backs being reported on the interwebs. Different year, same old shpeel.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It can be the year 2050 and there will still be reports like this. You can't prevent FedEx/UPS swapping phones in transit or someone in trade-in warehouse screwing up stuff.

Samsung should take care of you once you contact them and explain the situation.
I contacted them as soon as I got the email they said I will have an answer within 48 hours

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am glad everything is working out for most of you. I posted my issue in the other thread that TheMiz started. I contacted Samsung support today, and they're still working on the issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000