Freaked out a bit about Samsung trade in. Anyone else get this email today?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So last week I sent my S23 Ultra in. Thur afternoon it arrived at the facility and showed it was signed.

Anyway this morning I get an email reminding me that I have 5 days left to send my device in!

I chatted with Samsung today and they showed that they got my trade in last week as well.

Does this just mean they haven't approved my trade in yet and this was just a form email they sent out today?

Bit freaked.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
So last week I sent my S23 Ultra in. Thur afternoon it arrived at the facility and showed it was signed.

Anyway this morning I get an email reminding me that I have 5 days left to send my device in!

I chatted with Samsung today and they showed that they got my trade in last week as well.

Does this just mean they haven't approved my trade in yet and this was just a form email they sent out today?

Bit freaked.
Don't panic. They have to process hundreds of thousands of trade-ins. They will get to it in turn. The email was automatically generated. If you followed the instructions and put the trade-in paperwork in the box, then as soon as they open the box and scan the paperwork it will show up as received soon after.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Don't panic. They have to process hundreds of thousands of trade-ins. They will get to it in turn. The email was automatically generated. If you followed the instructions and put the trade-in paperwork in the box, then as soon as they open the box and scan the paperwork it will show up as received soon after.

From samsung chat just now.

I can confirm that you trade-in was already delivered on 2/1/24 from FedEx website. I have already documented it. Please disregard the email you received. I can assure you that your trade-in is on the right track and there will be no problem.

9:56 PM
Also, Please be informed thatb trade-in inspection will take up to 14 business days before the result will be available. But rest assured that this trade-in is on the right track.

9:57 PM
Once the trade-in is tagged as delivered, you will receive an update through your email. But if in case you did not receive any update, you don't have to worry. I already alerted our trade-in team about this.

9:58 PM
Also, the due date to send your trade-in is until 02/15/24 so

Reactions: J Dubbs

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I always take video of my phone before shipping it out, along with video of me packing it up. I prove date of packing by showing sports scores on Google and mark up the box in order to prevent tampering. I know it's not perfect, but it's better than having it end up being my word against theirs.

Good luck though, that part can be stressful.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
From samsung chat just now.

I can confirm that you trade-in was already delivered on 2/1/24 from FedEx website. I have already documented it. Please disregard the email you received. I can assure you that your trade-in is on the right track and there will be no problem.

9:56 PM
Also, Please be informed thatb trade-in inspection will take up to 14 business days before the result will be available. But rest assured that this trade-in is on the right track.

9:57 PM
Once the trade-in is tagged as delivered, you will receive an update through your email. But if in case you did not receive any update, you don't have to worry. I already alerted our trade-in team about this.

9:58 PM
Also, the due date to send your trade-in is until 02/15/24 so
Take a deep breath my young Padawan. Like Douglas Adams said: "Don't Panic!"

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Bit freaked.
hi i was in same boat no email saying they receive it i do have a tracking app so like you they receive thursday so i chat with them and they said they have my cell and are inspecting it and next week i should hear something i just got off my account and seen your post when i was on my account it said i meet all requirements and still no email so you should check your account and see there you might be all set like me good luck

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Hopefully you get the trade-in approved soon. The good news is the received date just has to do with them receiving the trade in, but there is no hard date given on when it actually has to get approved.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
hi i was in same boat no email saying they receive it i do have a tracking app so like you they receive thursday so i chat with them and they said they have my cell and are inspecting it and next week i should hear something i just got off my account and seen your post when i was on my account it said i meet all requirements and still no email so you should check your account and see there you might be all set like me good luck

Just checked my account. Nothing yet. They got it Thur night. Might not be until Monday it's looked at then! If they charged my card I'd be arguing with Sammy, then going to my credit card company!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
When a $1000 credit is on the line, you bet I'm going to act on the side of paranoia...I mean, caution.

Yea. Cases of not only phones going missing but also getting denied even though nothing wrong with them, or just a tiny scratch. Every year stories about phones being denied credit. Why I never used paypal or anything like that, just my Visa card. In case I need to dispute a charge if for some reason they charge me for it.

Reactions: J Dubbs

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My device was delivered on Thursday, I just got an email notification that my device has been received and awaiting inspection.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My trade-in was delivered on Thursday. I got the same email yesterday about having 5 days to return it. This morning I got another email stating that they received my trade-in and that it could take up to 14 days to inspect it. I assume that they are really busy and maybe the tracking info is not updated as quickly as it should be.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Yep just got a text message and email stating my trade-in was complete and they credited me the full amount.

I got an email this morning saying my trade in was extended until 2/15 cause the rep expended it. He saw fedex delivered it. Still no email about them getting my device as of today. Get stolen possibly at the trade in site?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter