Nexus 7 recognized my forum name

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my N7 and I'm pretty happy with it so far, although I have not done much with it. Anyway onto the subject. When I came to the login page for my Google account it said "Welcome qnet" I use qnet on more than one forum so, I'm assuming it got that from my Google Crome settings, it just surprised me. Has anyone else experienced this.

kendallc123

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered the N7 from the play store, I vaguely remember something that said "connect the nexus 7 to this account" or something like that and when I signed in the first time it had my name there too.

Kendall

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered the N7 from the play store, I vaguely remember something that said "connect the nexus 7 to this account" or something like that and when I signed in the first time it had my name there too.

Kendall

Yeah, I did that also. It had a checkmark box (checked by default) saying "link to this account" or something like that. I was just surprised it recognized my forum name. although Crome is my primary browser I use other browsers also so, it doesn't bother me.

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I did that also. It had a checkmark box (checked by default) saying "link to this account" or something like that. I was just surprised it recognized my forum name. although Crome is my primary browser I use other browsers also so, it doesn't bother me.

If the chrome browser you use on other devices is set to save information it should transfer across all platforms.

Okeagle

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I use a zoom and epic 4g. I used my current Google account on the Nexus 7. The Nexis 7 knew the password for the wifi at a friends home that i had entered on my xoom and epic without me manually entering it on the Nexus. That was a bit shocking. I am not sure if that is really possible or if I am imaging things.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use a zoom and epic 4g. I used my current Google account on the Nexus 7. The Nexis 7 knew the password for the wifi at a friends home that i had entered on my xoom and epic without me manually entering it on the Nexus. That was a bit shocking. I am not sure if that is really possible or if I am imaging things.

That's happened before with other devices. For some reason the N7 didn't remember my wifi password and it didn't automatically download all my apps this time. It doesn't matter because I like to decide what apps I want on each device.