New To The Forum

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
Thought I had done this already AND that I had made at least one post, can't see any of it. My memory is still like a razor blade; alas, not much wider than its edge. OK, so I just got my first and Android smartphone and I'm puking already about some of the ifs and buts! Will post that in a regular thread :-(

Reactions: Morty2264

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

I fixed your title and approved it , more members will be here to greet you
What was there to fix? I don't keep originals but in some fifty forums I've never run into this sort of intrigue in almost as many years (well, except for KDE where some 'personality' didn't approve of my use of the Bard's language).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What was there to fix? I don't keep originals but in some fifty forums I've never run into this sort of intrigue in almost as many years (well, except for KDE where some 'personality' didn't approve of my use of the Bard's language).
We clean up thread titles to better suit where it's located sorry we run a little tighter ship here at AC more so than other forums nothing personal.

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Android phone did you claim as your starter Pokémon? Hope you enjoy yourself around the forums!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G and, as an my involuntary introduction to the smart PHONEhouse, I downloaded and printed in color the wrong Samsung Galaxy Flip 5G manual before getting a hold of the right one. Then, printing that right one in color laser (because the manufacturer is too cheap to put a printed manual in with the box of a thousand dollar toy) got me a nice paper jam as a bonus that took two hours to fix via a near total disassembly. I was really happy ...in the end.

I still don't know what had to be edited in my thread title or why two postings were just killed. At a minimum I expect transparency and a private message saying "this was not cool so it got pulled, if you're not happy you should consider hasty tourism to dark and exostic moist places without delay". THAT is somethinmg I could relate to but sneaky censure will just see me quickly gone!

BTW from all comments consulted I made the right choice and sofar I have compiled only half a dozen really depressing design FUBARS in it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

I remember my first smartphone - a Nokia Lumia 520. It seemed almost magical. You feel none of that, then?

Reactions: J Dubbs

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
Welcome.

I remember my first smartphone - a Nokia Lumia 520. It seemed almost magical. You feel none of that, then?
This is my first SMART phone, not my first cell phone which was a ten pound Motorola in the 80's. In terms of what it costs I think it's the most useless invention ever but people are being forced to get aboard the craze. My non-texto flipphone kicked the bucket and my provider told me there was no replacement either of the (too cheap and not enough profits) phone type or of the (too cheap and not enough profits) associated service!

That said, in the long term it is likely to replace all other private computing devices, eventually/already hooking up to large desktop monitors and keyboards. The days of my desktop death-star are definitely over, my laptop is already gone and will not be replaced, idiotpads are next. I accept progress, it it the amount of spying and privacy invasion equivalent to a streaming colonoscopy that makes my blood boil and frames my attitude toward the smart-phone myth as a whole. My next model will have to have

- an easily removable battery
- easily removable SIM and SD card(s)
- and/or other forms of HARDWARE-based interdiction tools

--

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome.

Our first smartphones were also Lumia 520's, and yes they did seem magical after coming off classic Flip phones 😃 My wife picked them up on a whim for us to try out... they were 50 bucks on Amazon.. and we loved the incredible touchscreen magic, live windows on screen, and Cortana, who seemed to be able to do almost anything with just your voice 🤯😄

It was amazing, and like many firsts I'll never forget the thrill 👍😉😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332