Problem with YouTube

J@C

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 7 cannot play any of the youtube video. It says "Connection to server lost". Same heppened with Free Movie from Google, the "Transformer: Dark of the Moon".

I tried to call Google, waited for 2 hrs and 7 minutes in queue. No one answered. This is the worst tech support I have seen so far.

I am starting to change my opinion about Google.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that there might be some serious packet loss from your WiFi connection point.

Have you experienced these problems with other devices on your network?

My Nexus 7 can't handle YouTube video either, I have to manually step down from HD to even have a chance at watching a movie (I use WiMax as an ISP). Though my Play Music functionality is seamless, which interests me greatly.

Edit: I should add, for the occasional passerby, Netflix over WiMax works near to flawlessly on my Nexus 7 and my desktops. I occasionally (i.e. every second episode of a TV series) experience a drop out, but for all I know that could be on their end. I do know that they are serving me resolution data relevant to my connection speed, and I am fine with that.

Last edited:

J@C

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
No, it cannot be my wifi, because my droids is in the same network, and the YouTube app works fine. I can watch any Nexflix movies on both devices.
Speed test show that I have almost 12MB of download and 1.5MB of upload.