Asus tf201 won't establish a secure connection

Asus201Cloquet

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
An Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 running Android version 4.1.1

Wanting to begin from start I performed a Factory data reset some weeks ago. Since then I have been unable to access the Play Store. Attempting to do that Server Error appears. Repeated "RETRY" give no other response.

Attempting to start YouTube results in "There was a problem starting up. Check you network connection and system time." I have an internet connection. I have set the system time. Access to the network is evident by connection to "Mail" where my gmail account opens and downloads current email. As before clicking "RETRY" gives no other response.

Attempting to start a Kindle session produces the error "Server Error"

Google Maps responds correctly with "My Location" properly identified.

Attempting to open MyNet produces the following: "Please turn on DLNA enabled devices within the same Wi-Fi network." I do not know what this means or how to turn on DLNA enabled devices.

Navigation appears to load and work correctly.

Attempting to open the "Browser" fails. Message - "Connection Problem". "Couldn't establish a secure connection"

Searching for a solution provides solutions that I either cannot understand or don't seem to address the issue.

Your help will be much appreciated

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why you did the reset or last time you actually used that Transformer but it's honestly little more than a paperweight at this time, you won't get most apps working again unless you can find a ROM with a newer version of Android.

Some apps require newer software versions or better hardware, but Google doesn't even develop play services for a device that old anymore, would have been discontinued in 2021. No Play Services effectively wipes out the Play Store and most Google services.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...ne-still-works-but-googles-gonna-change-that/