Mystic1987

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So, I've done quite a bit of reading on the N7. With the specs it should handle 1080p mkvs very well. Can anyone confirm this? Does it have any issues with MKVs in any resolution?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I've done quite a bit of reading on the N7. With the specs it should handle 1080p mkvs very well. Can anyone confirm this? Does it have any issues with MKVs in any resolution?

Mine can't really even handle the anime 720p MKVs with subtitles I tried to play on it with MX Player (Moboplayer was even worse). It plays, but there is still slight stuttering. But at least the audio did seem to stay in sync.

ravage485

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine can't really even handle the anime 720p MKVs with subtitles I tried to play on it with MX Player (Moboplayer was even worse). It plays, but there is still slight stuttering. But at least the audio did seem to stay in sync.

Neither of those players support hardware acceleration for the N7, I think that VLC is working on a hardware accelerated player, so we'll see how that fares.

You can download a community developed version here [APP][13JUN][GB|ICS] VLC Media Player Beta *unofficial* Update6! - xda-developers

The Cortex A9/Tegra 2 version should work, but I haven't tried it yet.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Nexus 7, Moboplayer did not work with it. The new update does indeed support hardware and software decoding and the website says it will play anything VLC will play since it uses the same FFmpeg decoder. I like Moboplayer because it does not have any ads and it works great!

Mystic1987

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What about 480? Like 90% of my anime is set at 480 so that would be the big one. Also, I plan on using MXplayer. I've always had great results with it in the past.

VagrantWade

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had no problems playing any of my 720p blu-ray rips. Sometimes a certain player will have issues and I just switch to a different one. I have MX/Vplayer/VLC.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had problems playing mkvs with all the players already mentioned. Try BS Player. Works like a charm for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress