Headphone Jack Too Short?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I am using my Nexus 7 when suddenly I need to use headphones. I plug, or at least I try to, in the headphone jack. I lightly force it in, leaving about a millimeter sticking out. It just won't go through! I plugged in a 3.5mm gold-plated jack. Seriously, it won't go in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

RogueBurger

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I had to create an account just to say thanks. I was at my wit's end trying to figure out why the jack seemed broken on my new phone. I've never seen a jack where you have to actually snap it in, so I never thought to push harder ;)

Armquist

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I wont add anything above to what other users say, because-simply, if you shove it in good enough t should work without complications. I also heard that if you send it in (if theres something else wrong with the jack) that they'll fix it for you with minimal charge. I just used cheap, old, headphones and they work just fine

prophet968

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 seemed to have broken jacks... I later found out I just hadn't pushed my headphones in far enough. Make sure you didn't do what I did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Darin Martell

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Slam it in until you hear it click....

Just had to register to say I had the same issue. I thought the nexus was messed up since I bought it a few months ago. I never used it for music so no biggie but had recently decided to put some tunes on it. I couldn't get the headphones to work....and then i googled and got this thread.....doh!! :p

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If anyone finds that they still can't get their headphone jack to work, grab a flashlight & make sure there isn't fuzz in the jack. My RAZR wouldn't work with my Square card swipers, which plug into the headphone jack, and the problem ended up being a buildup of lint in the headphone jack, which progressively got shoved into the end until it wouldn't make proper contact.

But that's probably less likely with a tablet since they'll typically spend less time in pockets.

eon001

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
*Ok I've been using my Nexus for a few months with the different head phones with no problems.
*Now all of a sudden they have stopped connecting.
*I know there's nothing wrong with the head phone's because they work fine with other device's.
*I've tried all the advice from this forum, and I don't think I can push the head phones in any further than I have already.
*So I'm going to assume that I'm one of the un-lucky ones that needs to have my tablet replaced. :(
*I have some fresh Samsung headphone's that came with my Samsung Galaxy ace 2. I'll give them a try before I freak out completely.
*I'll update with my progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress