Is your preference a portrait or landscape view on homescreen?

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I know we all use our tablets in both portrait and landscape mode. However, when you start on your home screen, do you prefer portrait or landscape? Is your home screen set up so it looks better 1 way or the other?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I quickly adjusted to the portrait view. At one point, I downloaded one of the home screen rotation apps, but quickly found that a) at this size, I actually prefer portrait and b) I didn't like how the app resized and adjusted my methodically placed widgets. :p

So, for his particular device, its portrait for me.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer the home screen automatically rotated depending on the orientation I was holding it-- not locked to either landscape or portrait.

Thank God for Ultimate Rotation! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is your preference a portrait or landscape view on homescreen

I would prefer automatic rotation but I got used the the portrait layout for that. Thank goodness Angry Birds automatically rotates to landscape. :-*

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I prefer the home screen in portrait mode, but like the flexibility to have the home screen display in landscape when coming out of a landscape app (such as a game). I second the vote for Ultimate Rotation Control. It works very well and is very customizable (you can set the default orientation for specific apps in the settings menu). Used some of my Google Play credit to purchase the full version and am very satisfied.

rmeigs

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I like it in portrait mode myself. About the only time I am in landscape is for web browsing.

Bryan_

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I use my N7 exclusively in portrait except for games and Netflix. Chrome is excellent at zooming text to fit the screen when double tapped, and I find Thumb keyboard to be perfect when holding it this way.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
At first I was a little bothered that I couldn't do landscape on my Nexus 7 but now I actually prefer portrait. I tried ultimate rotation and there's something about landscape on a Nexus 7 that just doesn't seem right.

ejraney

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried both Nova, and Apex and just did not care for landscape and no matter how much time I spent messing with it I was never happy with how it looked. I have since gave up and stick with portrait.

korky99_04

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried ultimate rotation and there's something about landscape on a Nexus 7 that just doesn't seem right.

I have to disagree. While portrait does look nice, it's landscape all the way for me. Also with ultimate rotation.

My only complaint is how often I hit the buttons below the keyboard with SwiftKey in landscape orientation. A problem that I do not have in portrait orientation.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I have it on auto rotation with NOVA but I prefer landscape on home screen. It feels right to me.

Plus, the only thing that is shown on my home screen is the drawer button so portrait isn't necessary. I used "Wallpaper Bays for Tablet" that utilize the landscape mode.

Last edited:

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

In my hands I prefer portrait. When it's on my desk in a little tablet stand I like it in landscape because I sit it right in front of my monitor and it doesn't get in the way. Count me in as another one who spend some of the $25.00 credit on Ultimate Rotation.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I also prefer landscape for tablets. Been really trying to accept and use the N7 in portrait mode for a while now and I keep on wishing it could go into landscape mode more naturally. Think I'll have to try that app out on it to see.

Although one thing I do notice that in landscape mode on the N7 it is really annoying where the soft buttons go. I seem to press the home button by mistake.

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

I prefer portrait for home screen, except for when I come out of an app that is landscape

the only times I like landscape are for web browsing and watching media

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the homescreen in portrait but it does bother me when I switch from an app I've been using in landscape

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

My home screen is the SPB 3d Launcher in portrait. It's expensive, but on the Nexus 7, it's nothing but smooth eye-candy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa