dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally would get it, only if it was on Verizon and it could go into the Data Share Plan....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hope their fixing all the build quality issues I keep reading about...

It's one thing to spend 200 on a tablet, it's another to get locked into a contract with it... People will be even more critical then

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Most of the build quality issues came during the very early days of the n7 but yes hopefully their won't be any hiccups with the 3g version. I personally have had no problems with my n7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
For me, wifi only with Foxfi hot spot from my s3 is a perfect combination. No need for slow 3G and the extra expense.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ThatTechHead

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
3g on the n7 shouldn't happen. I know you can wifi tether with your phone, but cant you also bluetooth tether? Using one of those is better than being in contract on your tablet.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite, bone stock.

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So we are probably talking about another $150/200 plus data plan. I am retired and on a very fixed income so if this had been 3g from the beginning it would have been a deal breaker. I would hate to think that I would never have known the sweetness of my N7.

Plus with all the free WiFi hotspots, I rarely have to use the data on my phone.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
3g on the n7 shouldn't happen. I know you can wifi tether with your phone, but cant you also bluetooth tether? Using one of those is better than being in contract on your tablet.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite, bone stock.

Yes you can, but it is not as seamless as using Wifi and Foxfi with my sprint Nexus S 4G. Works great and NO extras cost or contract - also unlimited data. Sweet!

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can, but it is not as seamless as using Wifi and Foxfi with my sprint Nexus S 4G. Works great and NO extras cost or contract - also unlimited data. Sweet!

Actually, I use Bluetooth with Foxfi from my Droid 2, and it IS seamless and works great. No extra cost, and unlimited data, too.

Sent from my Nexus 7

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What's your thoughts would you pay more for a 3g version. If so would you take a small loss on your current nexus 7 in order to buy the 3g version here's the link detailing the release of a 3g nexus 7

Insider: ASUS said to be 6 weeks from launching a 3G version of the Google Nexus 7

My thoughts are I just started a thread on this today. And if you are going to post a link; why not have the link being the best and most reliable source for all your Android news: AndroidCentral.

Here's the story from AC

moosekaka

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
So we are probably talking about another $150/200 plus data plan. I am retired and on a very fixed income so if this had been 3g from the beginning it would have been a deal breaker. I would hate to think that I would never have known the sweetness of my N7.

Plus with all the free WiFi hotspots, I rarely have to use the data on my phone.

Where are all your free wifi hotspots? I work and live in a socal University of California campus, and other than on campus, places like Starbucks, airports and generally outdoors do not have free wifi. Now if I got the T-mobile monthly 4G plans for $30, I can get access to their wifi hotspots.

Sure, if you already have a smartphone, the 3G tablet makes no sense, but what about those that don't have or want a smartphone but rather a truly portable and useful (ie not restricted to wifi only) tablet?

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Where are all your free wifi hotspots? I work and live in a socal University of California campus, and other than on campus, places like Starbucks, airports and generally outdoors do not have free wifi. Now if I got the T-mobile monthly 4G plans for $30, I can get access to their wifi hotspots.

Sure, if you already have a smartphone, the 3G tablet makes no sense, but what about those that don't have or want a smartphone but rather a truly portable and useful (ie not restricted to wifi only) tablet?

I'm sorry, is your question to me rhetorical, or do you really want me to list the places I go to daily that offers free WiFi?

I was not inferring that Google shouldn't offer a 3g. I was just stating if 3g was the only option, then I couldn't afford to own one.

And I believe I said "rarely" which shouldn't be confused with "never".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer