Nexus 7 Stock Email problems

RichGarner

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I incorrectly posted this in the Galaxy II forum... sorry.

But I can't even get my stock email app to work. I've tried two different email accounts (my personal emails set up through my Bluehost account) and I've tried regular POP(S) and SMTP(S). I've tried using SSL and correct ports and I even tried IMAP(S). No luck.

The Nexus settings allow me to setup my email account and even confirms that the account is set correctly. It then shows my email as a connected (and synched) account in the settings and even shows the frequency of sync. But there is no app icon in the library. And when I try to add the email widget to a homescreen, it says "That account is not synced yet." This happens even days after the first 'sync'.

Anyone else have this problem?

Cr@zy Ch@rlie

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just solved my issue. It's not intuitive but you need to click on the app first to have it initially synch the account. After that, you can place the widget.

JimboDeany

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Even once you get it working you'll be disappointed. There seems to issues around syncing when you open it and it really struggles to look at older emails (i.e emails that aren't initially loaded on opening).

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I use activesync exchange for hotmail and it works perfectly. Maybe see if your provider has options for those settings. I like to have my email pushed out to me and synched with all my devices.

Otherwise you might want to try third party email apps.

The stock app should always be there, its a yellow envelope named email. Are you on stock rom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Use aquamail from the play store. Muuuch better. So much better I used root uninstaller to completely get rid of the default app.

Rootbrain

Satish Naik

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Until 4.4.2 stock Email on Nexus7 was working perfectly fine. Just updated to 4.4.4 from 4.4.3
Since then Stock EMail client works ok on Exchange Server, but Outgoing Mail will not push out automatically on clicking SEND button. They stand queued in Outbox and message flashes INTERNAL ERROR. If you reopen the mail from Outbox, click on EDIT and once again click SEND, then once again message flashes INTERNAL ERROR, display does not go back to Outbox, but once click on Return, message gets sent from Outbox and it does get successfully delivered.
Similar problem is NOT faced with GMail App.
Has anyone else seen this problem.

Albert Genzen

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but only when I reply to a message that came via exchange.

If I start the email form scratch and send it out via exchange it works fine.
If I reply and I use the "in line" option then it also works fine.

How ever if I just reply normally in which case the the email is not "plain text" then it gets stuck in the outbox and will report "internal error".

I've heard other people are experiencing the same thing.

bhcva

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 stock email has stopped sending the mail out even though a little tag comes up that says "sending"....the messages go to the outbox without further ado or error message and cannot be sent. Apparently no one has solved the problem? Is there a decent replacement for stock?

Thx, Bruce

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I gave up on the stock Mail program in favour of specific apps long ago - Yahoo and Gmail for the two accounts I use. Functionality better with the added plus of separating the two accounts (essentially my 'real' and my 'junk' email) for priority purposes.