Not receiving email notifications

Tim Buck II

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
I recently received a Moto G Pure. I set up my two email accounts. One is a Gmail account (which I don't really use and only get occasional emails from Google), The other is an Earthlink account (setup as POP) which is my primary email account. All notification settings are correct for both accounts. I see notification when an email from my Gmail account arrives, but I do not see notification for email from my Earthlink account. I have synch frequency set for 15 minute, so I don't even see a notification after waiting 15 minutes. Any ideas?

Tim Buck II

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing to IMAP and tried a few different ports, but I kept getting connection errors. So I changed setting back to POP and port 110. Interestingly, I am now receiving notifications. So I guess it just needed a kick in the pants.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing to IMAP and tried a few different ports, but I kept getting connection errors. So I changed setting back to POP and port 110. Interestingly, I am now receiving notifications. So I guess it just needed a kick in the pants.

Hey Tim welcome to AC!

So playing with the setting got you going again , that's great 👍

I changed you to post owner of the thread.