How do I make my wallpaper a whole image?

jazzyyxo

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
How do i do it without having to zoom in on it and making it all blurry. i just want a pic as my wallpaper i don't want it cropped or anything

Last edited by a moderator:

amheck

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: how ao i make my wallpaper a whole image

I actually just learned this earlier today, as I too, was sick of getting crappy images set as my wallpaper.

There's a app called wallpapyrus that a few recommended. It seems to be gone from the google play store, but you can find the apk pretty easily.

What I ended up doing what using this format in my browser to where the backgrounds are stored. Then you can long press them and set them as wallpaper. Works great.

file:///sdcard/Backgrounds/wallpaper1.png (or whatever your file name is called)

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Background apps or you can do it the traditional way and photo edit the size of the image. I haven't used a background app in ages, so I don't have a recommendation. I normally just use photoshop if I want to change something.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

How do i do it without having to zoom in on it and making it all blurry. i just want a pic as my wallpaper i don't want it cropped or anything

Scale your image to 1600x1280.

QuickPic is my preferred app for assigning wallpaper.

jazzyyxo

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

i downloaded quickpic but it stillnwont let me just have my own whole image as a wallpaper, instill need to crop it, Please there must be an easier wayto do this as it is something so simple

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

i downloaded quickpic but it stillnwont let me just have my own whole image as a wallpaper, instill need to crop it, Please there must be an easier wayto do this as it is something so simple

You're not doing something right then. Read the Nexus7 guidebook, or tell us exactly the steps you're taking and the results you're seeing.

Did you try to EDIT the image in Quickpic to shrink it?
:rolleyes:

jazzyyxo

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

You're not doing something right then. Read the Nexus7 guidebook, or tell us exactly the steps you're taking and the results you're seeing.

Did you try to EDIT the image in Quickpic to shrink it?
:rolleyes:
yeah i tried to shrink it but it just went all cropped

jazzyyxo

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

can someone o me a step to step guide plz on how to do it ill o anythng plz im sick of having blur on my screen

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

can someone o me a step to step guide plz on how to do it ill o anythng plz im sick of having blur on my screen

Google it. There are plenty of pages telling you how to resize images. Quikpic does resize images -- (edit) cropping is usually indicated by a right-angle tool, and resize by concentric squares or something.

Last edited:

jazzyyxo

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

ive read the guidebook n theres nothing its just ALL ABOUT GOOGLE SPEAK AND GOOGLE PLAY AND GOOGLE THIS. nothing about some thing so simple like having a normal puc as my wallpaper without having it all blurred abd cropped. is it really that much to ask for

phoenix623

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I can relate with you, I have the same problem, why such an easy task like adding a wallpaper from a picture can be such an difficult thing? On my Ipad all I have to do is select the picture and it does everything, like magic (lol)

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Blurred and cropped means that your image is too small. The image needs to be native size or larger. If it is larger, it will crop down but if the image is too small, it will stretch it out to fit the screen and cause blur.

Find another source.

You can easily re-size down but to make an image larger, it will just distort, and not just talking about on android. This is a general rule.

3lectroid

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Blurred and cropped means that your image is too small. The image needs to be native size or larger. If it is larger, it will crop down but if the image is too small, it will stretch it out to fit the screen and cause blur.

Find another source.

You can easily re-size down but to make an image larger, it will just distort, and not just talking about on android. This is a general rule.

This. Simple resolution fundamentals

mishacatty

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I have a 7" Galaxy Tab 3 and had the same problem. I found that because of the "crop" issue that the tablet makes you do... you have to size the image to a square... I use 1600 x 1600 ... you could try smaller too, depending on the original size. Works like a dream. Even fits in the portrait upright position. Finally!!!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Every app allows you size the area of the image you want to use for your wallpaper, usually displayed as a square with little cube "handles" on each side of the square. Tap and drag on the square to move it around, then tap and drag a handle to increase or decrease the area of the image you want to use.

Variation: QuickPic uses handles on the CORNERS of the area selection square.

Again, this works best if the image is bigger than the width and height of the desktop, including all scrolling home screens. On my Nexus 7 '12, I use images 1600x1200 or larger.

yhyrepus.jpg

ypupuqap.jpg

katiejo33

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

So, I know this post is suuuuper old, but I found an app that works! :) Try "Image 2 Wallpaper" in the Google Play store. (This worked on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3) :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty