Can't play videos on my Nexus 7...

RaptorZX3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i found that i can't play MKV, AVI, WMV or any other format. MP4 format plays, but i like to watch videos and fansubbed anime on my tablet.

my Ainol Elf II is able to play all of that, but the main problem is the screen here...so i figured Google decided to lock out some features?

So how can i make it so my Nexus 7 can play any video format?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
From the Google Play Store download MX Player and/or BSPlayer or whatever other media players folks here might recommend.

Sent from my Nexus 7

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Do mx player and if it struggles make sure its on software decoding I have found some mkv files play without sound on hardware decoding.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

alazose

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 primarily to play my own videos. I was unable to do so until I installed MX Player. Holy Mackerel! Now even my .wmv files play flawlessly, and I can control the starting point, too. Thanks for the tip!

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I use MX player on all my devices. Its the only player I've found to play my movies on my NAS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jay Burnzey

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I was having trouble until i read this forum, I downloaded VLC player and it it wasn't that good but MX player works fine :) Thanks a lot guys. From my pc ;)

10dorado

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK folks,

I downloaded MX player and then downloaded a digital copy of a movie I was given for Xmas. I tried to copy it to the Nexus 7 and it states that the device will not accept the .wmv or support .wmv files and that I need to find a program that will convert the file before copying.

HELP!!

paulxx

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Bought my wife a Nexus 7 for Christmas. "Best in reviews against Amazon Fire HD" etc etc. "Great for movies" etc.

Well, I've got a couple of DVDs that came with digital copies and when I download them to either iTunes or Windows Media neither play on the tablet. Well done Asus and Google!

So, downloaded MX Player, VPlayer and Dice Player and they're all as useless as each other. Sorry can't play this format.

?180 for a tablet that is just a larger version of a smartphone? Don't waste your money. Get a flick book - it's so much cheaper.

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My .avi files would not play initially using MX Player. I would click on a movie file and nothing would happen. To figure out which type of decoder to use, I held down a long tap on the movie file, a popup came up with several options, and selected Play using..... I then selected H/W decoder, and nothing happened. Went back and then selected S/W decoder, and the movie played fine. Then I went into settings and checked S/W decoder (local), and now all my movies play fine from the get-go.

In another thread DICE Player was recommended. I downloaded that app, and it plays all my movie files right away without making any settings adjustments.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've got a couple of DVDs that came with digital copies...

Are these ultraviolet supported digital copies?

If so, it likely isn't an issue with video format support so much as an issue with DRM support.

Long story short, get a player that supports the restrictions your media is infested with.

Personally, I've had no issues getting my N7 to playback my Bluray or DVD copies encoded at up to 720p AVC high profile. But then, I don't pay money for DRM locked junk.

-Suntan

jssqmaty

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I can't agree with you. A professional convert tool is not only can be used to re-format video to Nexus 7 movie format, also be worked as any other file format(MKV, AVI,WMV,MPG,MOV,MP4,MTS,MXF,MOD,VOB,ect.) converter for any other devices as you need.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I can't agree with you. A professional convert tool is not only can be used to re-format video to Nexus 7 movie format, also be worked as any other file format(MKV, AVI,WMV,MPG,MOV,MP4,MTS,MXF,MOD,VOB,ect.) converter for any other devices as you need.

hey, if you are happy, great.

But most of us have other things to do then spend money on apps to convert a file format which already plays fine with our default free player app (with all the quality loss and time consumed that process generally entails).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress