Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree58Likes

Default Re: Is it me or 4.2 kinda sucks

Quote Originally Posted by bez54 View Post
    Do you have to be rooted to do that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    No sir, gosh no! Mine would never get rooted. Simply check this out for instructions http://gametipcenter.com/nexus-7-how...-recovery-mode

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bez54 

My Nexus 7 randomly reboots about every other day since "upgrading" to 4.2. Usually after I've spent ten minute composing a particularly enlightening post. lol

It NEVER did that before 4.2. Google needs to fix this OS, pronto.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by cashiskingnyc View Post
    No sir, gosh no! Mine would never get rooted. Simply check this out for instructions http://gametipcenter.com/nexus-7-how...-recovery-mode

Thanks. I will give that a go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Just did the Recovery Mode Cache Reset method. I've noticed a difference already. Its back to a speedy OS. Let's see how long this last............

I followed this (Pocketables – How to fix extreme lag after updating your ASUS Nexus 7 to Android 4.2) to clear the cache partition it only lasted for a few days.
    Someone in other forum suggested do it once a week.

SLo

Wow, I hope it doesn't last just a week. I don't want to have to do that once every week. It isn't that much of an inconvenience, but we shouldn't have to do that to have a stable OS. Hope they fix this soon.

losl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by losl View Post
    I followed this (Pocketables How to fix extreme lag after updating your ASUS Nexus 7 to Android 4.2) to clear the cache partition it only lasted for a few days.
    Someone in other forum suggested do it once a week.

SLo
    Wow, I hope it doesn't last just a week. I don't want to have to do that once every week. It isn't that much of an inconvenience, but we shouldn't have to do that to have a stable OS. Hope they fix this soon.
    You ordinarily don't have to do it at all; the OS tidies itself up just fine.

They've just released a small 4.2.1 update for the N4s, so hopefully a bug fix release for the N7 isn't far behind.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

My reason why 4.2 sucks so far is only two things:

1. When my phone is locked with the screen on and I want to modify the volume control it does not work.

2. I cant take screen captures with the normal method.

Oh, btw, I have a Nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by archie_bunker View Post

2. I cant take screen captures with the normal method.
    Nothing has changed for me in terms of taking screenshots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

As in with pushing down the volume and power buttons together? It's not working for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by archie_bunker View Post
    As in with pushing down the volume and power buttons together? It's not working for me at all.
    Push power and volume down (that is, the volume _minus_ button) at the same time, yes. It takes a bit of timing to get it right...

Spot on, made me look like an *****. I hope you can do the same about my first question. I have to unlock my phone to volume up and down when I could have done it from the lockscreen before.

If you look at this thread, you will see some discussion that this seems to be a "feature" of 4.2.2...that you can adjust music volume via the lockscreen but not other volume? Can't say I've noticed it myself.

Changes that you notice in 4.2.2

[edit]: Sorry linked the wrong thread, this is what I intended:

4.2.2 lockscreen Volume

Spot on again, thanks Mr Nobody!

It's not you! OS 4.2 definitely SUCKS BIG TIME !!!

When I bought Samsung Note 10.1 with OS 4.1 is running perfectly fine, the navigation works great, never slow down, nothing error.

Then suddenly this notification came in from Samsung (android) whatever!! to upgrade to 4.2. I was ignoring this message for days, but suddenly out of the blue, I happened to click without further thinking..then bammmm... the UGLY interface is there. Took at least 5 seconds to do just one click. I am sure that I am not running out memory!! it was perfectly fine until I upgrade to this new 4.2 Sh***T
    My video editor is gone.. (the new one really don't offer great edit just trim and add pict~~ what the he****) my favourite "Screenshot" button is gone, this one is very useful to me, rather than download pic, just screenshot it is easier. they don't have it in 4.2. THe navigation is really unfriendly, the home button is in the middle, hard to reach fast unlike before, the look and feel is totally ugly look cheap. The Wifi and Mobile Network cannot automatically switch, though I had set it into automatically. Yes, someone here is right, flash doesn't came out in my mozilla browser, luckily I had puffin browser, but still annoying...

Slow..sloww..slowwwwwwwwwwww~~~~~~~~~ why they make this crap. I am so pissed big time. Now I am backing up all my data, and I will go to Samsung center to ask them to downgrade it. If they refused to do so, I will sue them big time!!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345