Is it me or 4.2 kinda sucks

Blkacesvf41

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
After this update , so far I've found 3 of my apps that dont work anymore: Document viewer, Kobo and Norton mobile. What gives? Am I the only one having these issues? Uninstalling and reinstalling the apps doesn't fix it. Any ideas?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After this update , so far I've found 3 of my apps that dont work anymore: Document viewer, Kobo and Norton mobile. What gives? Am I the only one having these issues? Uninstalling and reinstalling the apps doesn't fix it. Any ideas?

Apps need to be updated for 4.2.. its not the os.

Blkacesvf41

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Android 4.2 doesnt suck. the 3 apps does suck.
you should know the difference between whats Android and whats not.

First of all it's: The 3 apps DO suck. Learn your grammar. Second, of course I know that these are third party apps. My point, which you're completely missing, is that they were working just fine before the update. I'm asking for ideas or suggestions. Don't be in such a hurry to attack me while defending Google.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the downfalls of being on the bleeding edge of Android, unfortunately.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
for me, 4.2 more than "kinda sucks". too many issues to make it worth the PALTRY additional, for-me-useless new features. I wish I had 4.1.2 back.

mintjamman

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my Nexus 7 the day it was released in the UK and got in configured just right, yesterday I get a Pop up from Google offering a OS update to Jellybean 4.2 which I accepted. The device was updated and shows the current OS version as Android Version 4.2 / Build No JOP40C.

Now apps like BBC I player and TV Catchup will not work, in the Google Playstore these apps report that my device is not compatible, Now two days ago I had these both working on the OS that came loaded on my Nexus 7. I got those apps working by following the install instructions with apk etc. Now following the same procedures these apps show as Not Compatible.

So is Jellybean 4.2 unable to run flash using the usual install routines or is it the apps that need updating to the latest OS ? pretty sick it was all working then now its not ! Any help appreciated !

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I really don't have any issues with it. I just got an update today for HD Widgets and they have already included a couple of nice clock and weather widgets for the lockscreen. Firefox didn't work but the beta is already out in the Play store. Just give developers a few days to update their apps and all will be right again...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think we all have to be a bit more patient (which I realize is tough for techie fans like all of us). This happens all the time--a new OS comes out, and some apps are found to be incompatible. As long as those apps' developers are still around and interested in marketing their apps, they'll be updated, most likely sooner rather than later. App incompatibility isn't a problem with the update--it's just part of progress.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What I don't understand is why the updates are pushed so aggressively. The only way I've found to avoid the constant nagging about the update is to freeze the google services framework. When I bought a nexus, I knew I would get updates for an extended period of time. I did not know that I was obligated to accept them however.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although it's been a slow and fragmented process, I think Google, as well as any other OS maker like Microsoft, would prefer as many people as possible to adopt the latest OS iteration. Ideally, this means fewer people on outdated OS's (this is where everyone laughs), more devs working on apps for the new OS, and room for the OS maker to continue innovating for the next version.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that only like 1.2% of all Android phones are actually running Jellybean.

Sent from my MetroPCS GalaxyS3 consistently getting around 7-8mpbs down... contracts and data limits need not apply.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Besides issues with apps which need to be updated by their developers (which has nothing to do with the OS), what specific issues is anyone seeing with 4.2 itself? I just installed it factory fresh on my N7 (was running ROMs before so I had to manually do this because I was bored, lol) and I'm not seeing a single issue with the OS.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think it's a little more than obvious applications won't work right after an update. In my opinion, Google should release new versions of Android earlier than we get it. This way, we won't have problems regarding compatibility. Also, I hope the OP learns that he shouldn't update so soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 randomly reboots, it freezes quite often and the keyboard sometimes doesn't go away when I press the home button. All happening after getting the 4.2 update. Oh and battery life really sucks now. Takes almost 8 hours to charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

freeweel

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have found my AnywhereMap aviation GPS app does not work, my bluetooth headsets are intermittent and unusable, and i don't like the new look on the opening screen. I am considering rooting my Nexus 7 so I can get back to 4.1.2. I'm sorry, but this should have been released to the 3rd party app developers and beta testers long before it was force fed in production to the devices. I have been a big Android supporter, but this release sucks! Please Google, next time be a little more cautious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez