4.2.1 Update Received

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.2.1

I didn't have any issues with reboots, and little trouble with lag with 4.2 once I cleared the cache, but it does seem to have even less lag now with 4.2.1.

Previous update rollouts tended to be over 2-3 days, so I would expect similar with this (though perhaps quicker since it's such a small file size).

The one known fix is that December was missing in the People app before. It appears they may have refined a few other things while they were at it.

Thanks, I'll keep checking.

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone noticed if any of the issues they were having previously have been resolved? Reboots, lag, ETC? Just curious.
I never had any of the other "issues" people are reporting so pretty much status quo on my N7. It was such a small update (maybe a bit over 40mb) that I think this was the December people calendar fix and not much if any more.....

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Nothing in New York and I've been trying the clear Google services trick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

My N7 updated to 4.2.1. It was waiting for me when I switched on WiFi.
Now waiting for my GNexus to update.
I read that this should fix issues with Bluetooth Calander etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

... It was such a small update (maybe a bit over 40mb) that I think this was the December people calendar fix and not much if any more.....
The fix for the N4 (December in People) was just a megabyte so this is encouraging....

(edit)

Sorry, Android Police reports it's only about 1MB.

(edit)

Confirmed. 1.1MB.

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I don't have as much lag as before while scrolling through my widgets. Notification shade seems to be working better than before. Seems a bit snappier overall.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Mine didn't auto pop but when I checked update system in the settings its waiting for me to connect to Wi-Fi. Dumb.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't have as much lag as before while scrolling through my widgets. Notification shade seems to be working better than before. Seems a bit snappier overall.

My notification shade doesn't bounce down and pop all the way closed anymore, which is nice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

santellanm

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

So I got my update but it keeps failing during install. I'm rooted and every time the update starts it kicks over to CWM recovery and stops with a message something like, "do you want to install this untrusted zip file" I say yes but it still fails. I have even tried to manually install the update through CWM but that fails too. My N7 is rooted but otherwise stock, I have not removed any stock apps or flashed roms or kernels so WTF...any rooted N7s having this issue?

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Anyone who didn't have problems with the original 4.2 update having problems with this update? I'd rather skip December then have to factory reset the Nexus7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I've had zero problems with 4.2 and 4.2.1. Install went without a hitch, didn't have to factory reset.

beltin

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Got it here in the UK. Still yet to apply. Woke up this morning and it was there to install - only got my Nexus 7 yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress