Is hot mail possible

StreetRodder

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I got my 32gb last month. I'm a Gmail guy. My wife got her new 7 yesterday. She has a Gmail acc so her 7 is working. She likes using Hot Mail better. Is it possible to get her Hot mail on her 7?

Thanks

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
I have my hot mail acct. On my N7. Just go to settings-add account put in username and password. After that she should be good to go.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I quite like it was annoying a few months back it wouldn't load images but has been recently updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Why not just use the generic Email application that comes on the device?

This is what I do. It works perfectly. Syncs emails quickly, and looks very similar to the Gmail app. Have her set it up to do it this way. I like it more than the Hotmail app.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I got my 32gb last month. I'm a Gmail guy. My wife got her new 7 yesterday. She has a Gmail acc so her 7 is working. She likes using Hot Mail better. Is it possible to get her Hot mail on her 7?

Thanks

Yes, Hotmail now has Exchange ActiveSync, so you can add it to the built-in email app. Use the following settings:

- In email app, click to add account and choose exchange.

Email Address: (her email address)
Password: (her password)

Click "Manual Setup"

Domain/Username: \(her email address) - so if her email address is strodder@hotmail.com, you'd do: \strodder@hotmail.com (i.e. the full email address)
server: m.hotmail.com
Check the "Use secure connection (SSL)

That should add her hotmail and all her folders (and contacts).

Keeb13r

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
This is what I do. It works perfectly. Syncs emails quickly, and looks very similar to the Gmail app. Have her set it up to do it this way. I like it more than the Hotmail app.

I don't blame you. The Hotmail/Outlook apps are absolute crap from an aesthetic perspective.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Why not just use the generic Email application that comes on the device?

I use the generic one on my phone but it doesn't sync so when I don't check my hotmail on pc ill have like 200 emails even though iv read them all.

I also find emails come through instantly too

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Hotmail now has Exchange ActiveSync, so you can add it to the built-in email app. Use the following settings:

Click "Manual Setup"

Domain/Username: \(her email address) - so if her email address is strodder@hotmail.com, you'd do: \strodder@hotmail.com (i.e. the full email address)

You can just use the auto setup.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

I use Hotmail along with Gmail, my AT&T account and my work email and it works fine. When ICS was rolled out I had to download the Hotmail app off the playstore because it wouldn't work in the native email client for some reason. With Jellybean it works fine now.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I use the generic one on my phone but it doesn't sync so when I don't check my hotmail on pc ill have like 200 emails even though iv read them all.

I also find emails come through instantly too

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

It does sync if you use exchange settings instead of POP.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You can just use the auto setup.

If you use the auto-setup I don't think it'll add it as an exchange account. That means you don't get all the folders, you don't get full syncing of contacts, etc.

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you use the auto-setup I don't think it'll add it as an exchange account. That means you don't get all the folders, you don't get full syncing of contacts, etc.

You do. I have a hotmail account set up on my stock email app, folders work so much better than the Hotmail app and contracts sync.

flowmaster9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Click "Manual Setup"

When I try to do this it says the account was successfully added but then "Waiting for sync - your email will appear soon" shows up and it just keeps loading and loading but nothing ever happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer