Nexus 7 - Slide Lock fails; unless I restart

hnic410

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys - I've searched for days and figured I'll ask for help to see if any of you have experienced or solved this problem.

I have a second Nexus 7 that for some reason (even after factory resets) at the slide lock screen fails to unlock. What happens is I can slide the lock but it just flashes and brings me back to the slide lock screen. If I restart the tablet all is OK until the screen locks again.. Weird - I know.

I've tried to change the unlock from a slide to a pattern and the same results.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Factory resetting is the last resort. If you're still under warranty, return it. You'll probably see comments telling you to launch a custom ROM or downloading a screen lock. You might want to disable it completely while you find a solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

valentius

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi hnic410,
I'm experiencing the same issue on my Nexus 7: did you manage to resolve the problem? If yes, how? Or did you return it?

Thanks

SEVEN40iL

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This same issue showed up on my co-workers Nexus 7.

I played around with it trying to figure it out, and she had it in a case when it was happening. So I took it out of the case, and it didn't do it anymore....

I tried quite a bit to replicate it out of the case, but I wasn't able too. Put it back in the case and tried to replicate it, and yes, same issue again.

Now, I am not 100% sure that it is the case, but I will be playing around with it a bit more to see what else causes this issue.

OP, was your Nexus 7 in a case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress